Sign-On Bonus Available!
Brighton Hospice is looking for a passionate, dedicated and experienced registered nurse to join our amazing After-Hours team. This position offers competitive pay with flexible hours and bonuses. We are looking for candidates who are not just interested in a job but a mission and purpose.
Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in the state of Wisconsin.
At least 1 year of Hospice experience.
· Triages patient and family needs over the phone and makes visits if necessary
· Attends all after hours deaths and follows the death visit protocols.
· Composes a daily email to Director of Nursing on any after-hours activities.
· Makes the initial evaluation visit if after hours.
· Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions if after hours.
· Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures to achieve patient goals.
· Furnishes those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing in accordance with the plan of care.
· Prepares clinical and progress notes and submits to the agency according to agency protocols.
· Accurately and effectively documents skilled observations and assessments, treatments and medications administered, patient/caregiver teaching, patient /caregiver response, and communication with physician, others involved in the care plan and follow-up as appropriate.
· Documents physician orders received and submit for physician co-signature.
· Communicate with other health team members.
· Ensures that a patient's plan of care is executed as written and coordinates services with the physician, patient, and others involved in the plan of care. Attends and participates in case conference as needed.
· Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
· Participates in patient case conferences and staff meetings as directed.
· Attends and participates in-service programs and continuing education programs as requested.
· Participates in PI activities as requested.
· Drives to and from patient residences to perform duties.
· Performs other agency-related duties as assigned.
· Follows the Plan of Care
Why Work Here?Our mission at Brighton Hospice is to provide the best physical, emotional, and spiritual care for our patients and their families.
Great benefits and Amazing company culture!