English and Social Studies Teachers
- January enrollment
- PT Mornings and Afternoon Shifts
Become the teacher who made a difference in your life!
Brightmont instructors make a difference every day. Our one student classrooms and nationally respected curricula offer Brightmont instructors the best opportunity to change the world, one student at a time. Our instructors utilize a gradual release approach that meets students where they are and leads them to growth. Our philosophy is an approach that balances students' academic and life skill goals.
Brightmont is a community of dedicated individuals whose passion is middle and high school students. Students who may struggle with reading skills, anxiety, depression, processing, scheduling, pacing or love learning individually. Our campuses provide a safe, inviting, and encouraging environment for students to build confidence and learn lifelong skills. Our dedicated instructors lead the way.
Our consistent growth and year-round enrollment acceptance policy mean we are looking for strong classroom leaders to join our campuses.
Are you ready to make a positive, life-changing impact on a students’ academic experiences? You belong on the Brightmont Academy team!
As a Brightmont Instructor, you will:
- Work to understand students needs and challenges to learning
- Evaluate students’ goals every step of the way and adjust instruction as needed
- Use project management skills balancing supplementing students’ struggles while enhancing their strengths in learning
- Define effective ways to encourage and motivate each student
- Create a culture that promotes learning as an exciting and enjoyable experience
New to teaching? Understanding the power of being valued is essential to student success and to our new teachers. Brightmont provides the rigorous materials, tools, and training needed for a successful classroom. You bring a positive can-do attitude, subject matter experience and a devotion to making a difference for teenage students.
What you need to bring:
- Four-year degree or higher
- Minimum of one or two years of teaching experience
- Proven ability to be flexible and accepting for diverse learners
- Knowledge of computers and working on digital programs
- Proven ability to engage, motivate, and inspire students to learn
- Professional interpersonal and communication style and skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and be flexible
- Strong problem-solving and client service skills
- A team player
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not intended to be a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all possible duties and responsibilities. The particular job duties of this position may change based upon the needs of Brightmont Academy. Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the supervisor. Brightmont Academy reserves the right to amend and change the responsibilities to meet its operational needs. Brightmont Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Our intent is to recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, national origin, sexual preference, or any other protected status.
Key Words: English / Language Arts / Writing / Social Studies / History / US History / World History / Economic / Government / Special Education / Instructor / Teacher / Professor / Tutor