Construction Controller / Accounting Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Growing concrete construction contractor is looking for an experienced Controller/Accounting Manager to oversee all accounting functions. This is a very hands-on position and requires a detail-oriented candidate who is an ambitious self-starter.
Duties of this position include:
- Complete month-end closing procedures and prepare financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, and job profitability
- Manage cash flow, including the preparation and updating of a cash flow forecast
- Oversee accounts receivable processing monthly AIA billings including review, submission, payment and preparation of lien waivers
- Oversee accounts payable processing including vendor setup, payment, and reporting
- Oversee processing of weekly payroll, preparation of payroll tax returns,w-2s, 1099s, monitor human resources, and involvement in health insurance renewals. Experience with union payroll a plus.
- Participate in bi-monthly job cost performance meetings, prepare monthly work in progress schedules and provide job cost reporting as needed to owners, project managers, and estimators
- Property and Casualty Insurance renewals
- Maintain state registrations, business and tax licenses, and lien rights, etc.
- Special projects as assigned
The candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Construction accounting experience is a must
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years of accounting experience including recent experience in a similar role with a similar-sized company
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Experience working with an integrated construction accounting software package, including both job cost and equipment costing modules. Experience with ComputerEase Construction Accounting Software a plus
- Ability to work independently, have excellent communication skills, and be able to liaison with field personnel
The position reports directly to the Owners. The salary is dependent on experience. Include salary requirements with your resume.
Powered by JazzHR
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?