Snow Equipment Operator
- Posted: over a month ago
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Snow Equipment Operator to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Snow Equipment Operator must be interested in learning to do all aspects of snow removal during the winter. Equipment Operator must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by policies and procedures.
You’d be responsible for:
- Removing snow using a snow plow and heavy equipment for several hours at a time, depending on the amount of snowfall
- Being available each time it snows and report either to a central location or directly to the jobsite
- Removing snow in appropriate locations, avoiding piling it on trees, shrubs, fire hydrants or sidewalks
- Reporting any concerns or incidents to your direct Supervisor
- Filling out a job sheet as soon as you are finished working after each snow removal operation
- Participating in maintaining a safe and secure work environment for team employees and clients by adhering to company safety policies
- Being aware of safety issues or concerns, and report them to the appropriate Supervisor
- Performing other tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager
You might be a good fit if you have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License and the ability to drive to a variety of work locations in assigned territory
- Reliable transportation to and from any work site
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Prior experience operating snow plow equipment
- Ability to participate in routine maintenance of equipment
- Experience working efficiently in a production-driven / fast paced environment
- Physically able to work outside, sometimes in extreme weather conditions with sporadic hours based on a snow event
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to climb in and out of equipment
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to safely operate equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Willing to dress appropriately for all weather conditions
- Able to work overnight in the winter month
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
BrightView Landscape Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?