Registered Nurse - RN Home Health
The pay is per visit.
As a Nurse, you will educate patients and their caregivers on their conditions and the steps needed to ensure proper recovery. Additional responsibilities of our Registered Nurse include:
- Provide admission, case management, and follow-up skilled nursing visits for home health patients.
- Administer on-going care and case management for each patient, provide necessary follow-up as directed by the Clinical Manager.
- Confer with physician in developing the initial plan of treatment based on physician's orders and initial patient assessment.
- Render hands-on care, management and evaluation of the care plan and teaching of the patient in accordance with physician orders, under Clinical Manager's supervision.
- Revise plan in consultation with physician based on ongoing assessments and as required by policy/regulation.
- Coordinate appropriate care, encompassing various healthcare personnel (such as Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, MSW, Home Health Aides and external providers).
- Report patient care/condition/progress to patient''s physician and Clinical Manager on a continuous basis.
- Implement patient care plan in conjunction with patient and family to assist them in achieving optimal resolution of needs/problems.
- Coordinate/oversee/supervise the work of Home Health Aides, Certified Home Health Aides and Personal Care Workers and provides written personal care instructions/care plan that reflects current plan of care. Monitor the appropriate completion of documentation by home health aides/personal care workers as part of the supervisory/leadership responsibility.
- Discharge patients after consultation with the physician and Clinical Manager, preparing and completing needed clinical documentation.
- Participating in the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Process
- Preparing accurate, orderly and timely reports and documentation
- Adhering to all practice standards as they apply to patient care
- Negative TB or Chest x-ray
- Valid RN/LPN license in State of Arizona
- DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card level 1
- Valid driver's license
- Car Insurance
- Ability to drive within 20-mile radius!!!
- Ability to successfully complete required background check and drug screen
- Excellent writing and charting skills, experience with electronic medical record preferred
- Minimum 1 year clinical setting, acute care nursing, home health or hospice experience preferred
Ability to write routine reports and required correspondence as required by BrightStar guidelines. Ability to respond professionally and appropriately on behalf of BrightStar. Must be able to appropriately respond to and maintain confidential information at all times.
An RN requires the ability to:
• prioritize and complete work on time,
• be detail-oriented
• exhibit a service orientation to both staff and clients
• be a professional team player with a positive attitude.
• Must possess the ability to handle confidential information and act as the BrightStar spokesperson.
• Must also possess the ability to respond appropriately in a balanced and objective manner in all situations.
• Excellent listening skills are essential.
• Requires outstanding organizational skills, problem solving skills, thoroughness, adaptability to shifting priorities and multi-tasking.
• Requires exceptional interpersonal skills and exhibit a service orientation towards others.
• Must have the ability to demonstrate solid judgment and discretion.
• Must also demonstrate a sense of understanding and urgency for priorities.
• Will require the ability to appropriately troubleshoot and escalate where necessary, problems/issues to the appropriate individual.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, such as physical requirements including (but not limited to) climbing stairs, the ability to lift/transfer patients and drive.
• Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check, drug screening and background check.
• Ability to safely lift, and physically manipulate patients.
• Work is normally performed in home environment
• Moderate physical activity, occasional lifting up to 25lb, standing or walking for more than 4 hours per day
• Home environment involves possible exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following safety precautions and may include use of protective equipment.