Director of Nursing
BrightStar Care of S.Nashville Franklin, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of Care - Home Care Leadership
Are you an experienced RN looking for the right leadership opportunity? Are you organized, with a passion for providing high quality care, looking for the right opportunity that will allow you to create positive patient relationships and follow the progress of your patients throughout their healthcare journey, while creating an engaging and positive work environment for your team? Do you want an opportunity where you can join an established small business but still have the opportunity to create your own vision of clinical excellence?
BrightStar Care of S.Nashville, a home care agency, is seeking an experienced and motivated Director of Nursing to lead our clinical team. We seek a strong leader - a Director of Nursing - to lead us in the next step of our journey. As our Director of Care (Director of Nursing), you would be responsible for the overall direction and quality of our home care field team to ensure we are operating at BrightStar Care standards and providing excellent customer care. We are a non-Medicare home care agency providing care at home for people of all ages and private duty services mostly to senior adults. Home care is the nature of our business, requiring us to visit people in their homes, so driving should be expected with 50/50 office time and visits in homes.
We are seeking a positive-spirited team member who wants to grow her or his career in an agency built on growing the business and providing a higher standard of care. This person will be a true business partner, leading our clinical team.
- Provides care as defined within the scope of the state’s nurse practice act.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the client’s nursing needs.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes and summaries of care.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers agency policies and procedures.
- Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel/care-giving staff.
- Plans and implements in-service and training programs.
- Oversees the maintenance of client clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care. Shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Promotes home health referrals in the health care community.
- Current unrestricted RN license in state for which care is being provided
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Must have graduated from a National League of Nursing accredited program
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of clinical experience with one (1) year experience in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, preferred.
- Reliable car/auto insurance
- Clean background and criminal record
- Understands regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations
- Adhere to HIPAA and maintain client confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff.
- Possess exceptional nursing assessment skills
- Comply with accepted professional standards of practice.
- Proven ability to build quality and implement improvements within the operation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytic/Critical thinker.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully with clients, staff and community.
- Treat clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image.
- Case management skills are a plus
- Policy development is a plus
- Ability to travel on a daily basis including weekends, nights and holidays
What We Offer:
At BrightStar Care we value each of our employees and care about their wellbeing. We strive to provide best-in-class employee experience:
- Excellent salary
- Free Training
- Part of a team with RN Oversight
- Employee referral bonus
- Enterprise Champion for Quality 8 YEARS RUNNING!
- Weekly pay w/direct deposit
- Every BrightStar Care location is independently owned and operated
- We promote from within
- Free continuing education
- Nurse and Employee of the month
- HomeCare Pulse Employer of Choice
- Over 95% of BrightStar locations are Joint Commission accredited or in process!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.