Do you have what it takes to join the best private duty home care organization in Hawaii?
We are hiring reliable, positive, conscientious, compassionate and capable professionals to join us in our commitment to providing the best possible care to clients in their own homes. We consistently strive together to provide the best possible experience for our clients. We aim to ease burdens and bring joy to our clients and their families through our safety- and quality-minded, but heart-driven care.
If your calling is caring for others, come work for BrightStar Care of Honolulu, a Joint Commission Accredited, independently owned and operated, kama'aina owned company with the support of a prestigious national organization, looking to add inspired team members that share core values such as positivity and serving with a passion.
The Personal Care Assistant is a member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs. The Personal Care Assistant will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a client’s care
- Dedication to the Hoku'alohi Promise "We promise to provide the kind of care we would want for our own loved ones; to be compassionate, empathic, patient & kind, while providing reliable, trustworthy and top-notch, professional home care.
- Weekly pay
- Free Direct Deposit
- Mobile Service & Banking Discounts
- Extensive free continuing education & development opportunities
- Paid Time Off (for eligible employees)
- Paid Volunteer Time (for eligible employees)
- 100% Employer Paid Medical, Prescription, Vision & Dental Insurance - including chiropractic, acupuncture & massage (for eligible employees)
- Employee Assistance Program (for eligible employees)
- Company-sponsored wellness events
- Health & wellness discounts (for eligible employees)
- Employer-Paid BLS Training/Certification
- 24/7 Access to Local Support
- Electronic Documentation & Mobile/GPS based time & attendance
- Employee Recognition & Fun Events
- Culture of respect and gratitude
- One to one patient care - opportunity to do your best work and truly shine!
- Commitment to providing the best possible, high quality care
- Commitment to helping you succeed!
- Joint Commission Accredited Organization
- Provide the kind of care you would want for your own loved ones; be compassionate, empathetic, patient, and kind, while providing reliable, trustworthy, and top-notch professional home care.
- Provide client with hygiene care as directed including, but not limited to: bathing, grooming, oral care, dressing, undressing, toileting activities, feeding, meal preparation, linen changes, light housekeeping
- Take and record vital signs as well as height and weight, if necessary
- Assist client in active and passive range of motion defined by the plan of care, document observed changes, report any changes to the Director of Nursing
- Assist client in walking and transportation to doctor appointments, outdoor activities, shopping
- Develop and promote a safe environment for quality client care through adherence to established policies, procedures, and standards
- Ensure client’s rights are adhered to
- A passion for caring for others and pride in your work
- Minimum of one (1) year of documented caregiving experience required
- Certified in CPR
- Negative TB skin test or chest x-ray
- Must pass background check and drug test
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with the organizations requirements preferred
- Must have a working "smart phone" and service, which will be used for time and attendance and care notes
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
- Empathy for the needs of the client
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to express spoken and/or written ideas in English
- Treats clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents appositive public image.
- Recognizes the importance of their role as a part of the organizational team, and is committed to team excellence.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of the client’s medical information and maintains HIPAA compliance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BrightStar Care of Honolulu is part of the national BrightStar Care franchise, which was featured on "Undercover Boss," and is locally owned and operated by husband and wife team, Steven and Alison Lee. Steven and Alison opened the business with the goal of "doing well by doing good." They firmly believe that the keys to building a successful business are to hire the best people with the best attitude, train them well, have high expectations, make work fun and treat everyone (employees, clients and everyone else) with respect, compassion, empathy and kindness.
As a private duty home care business, top-quality personal care and clinical care are crucial. BrightStar Care of Honolulu's Director of Nursing provides oversight on all cases. The company pursued and earned accreditation from the Joint Commission, which is widely recognized as the "Gold Seal" of approval for health care.
BrightStar of Honolulu is proud to make a difference in the lives of so many in Hawaii by providing great jobs and bringing joy to our kupuna and others in need of quality home care.