Do you want to join the most trusted, premier private duty home care organization in Hawaii to make a positive impact on the lives of others?
We currently have a Director of Nursing position opportunity.
If you are a Registered Nurse in the state of Hawaii who is professional reliable, positive, conscientious, compassionate and capable, we encourage you to apply to join us in our commitment to providing the best possible care to clients in their own homes. We consistently strive together to provide the best possible experience for our clients. We aim to ease burdens and bring joy to our clients and their families through our safety- and quality-minded, but heart-driven care.
If your calling is caring for others, come work for BrightStar Care of Honolulu, a Joint Commission Accredited, independently owned and operated, kama'aina owned company with the support of a prestigious national organization, looking to add inspired team members that share core values such as positivity, serving with a passion and doing the right thing.
The Director of Nursing (DON) is a Registered Nurse who is responsible for the overall direction of our private duty home care and skilled nursing services. The DON will have overall responsibility for the quality, adequacy of services provided and supervision of staff. The DON establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for services that meet and promote the standards of quality. We are looking to add an enthusiastic member our independently owned and operated agency and see why we are described as “caring, compassionate, cheerful and full of aloha”.
- Dedication to the Hoku'alohi Promise "We promise to provide the kind of care we would want for our own loved ones; to be compassionate, empathic, patient & kind, while providing reliable, trustworthy and top-notch, professional home care.
- Weekly pay
- Free Direct Deposit
- Mobile Service & Banking Discounts
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Extensive free continuing education & development opportunities
- Paid Time Off (for eligible employees)
- 100% Employer Paid Medical, Prescription, Vision & Dental Insurance - including chiropractic, acupuncture & massage (for eligible employees)
- Employee Assistance Program (for eligible employees)
- Company-sponsored wellness events
- Health & wellness discounts (for eligible employees)
- 24/7 Access to Local Support
- Employee Recognition & Fun Events
- Culture of respect and gratitude
- Commitment to providing the best possible, high quality care
- Commitment to helping you succeed!
- 2018 Home Care Pulse Leader
- 2019 Home Care Pulse Provider of Choice
- Joint Commission Accredited Organization
- Provides care as defined within the scope of the state’s nurse practice act.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the client’s nursing needs.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes and summaries of care.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers agency policies and procedures.
- Resolve issues and deficiencies when needed
- Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel/care-giving staff.
- Plans and implements in-service and training programs.
- Oversees the maintenance of client clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Ensures adherence to Joint Commission standards
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home care. Shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
- Promotes referrals in the health care community.
- Current unrestricted Hawaii RN license
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Must have graduated from a National League of Nursing accredited program
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Minimum one (1) year of documented experience required. Three (3) to five (5) years of clinical experience with one (1) year experience in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, preferred.
- Knowledge of nursing standards and willingness to keep abreast of changing standards in nursing administration
- Strong aptitude for problem solving
- Great communication and people skills
- Outstanding organizational and stress management skills
- Ability to lead and develop personnel
- Reliable car/auto insurance
- Clean background and criminal record
- Understands regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations
- Adhere to HIPAA and maintain client confidentiality
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.