Art Director Intern (Summer 2023)
- Posted: over a month ago
A BrightHouse art director is someone who is tasked with solving a business problem by creating a solution, generally an abstract concept, that is expressed as relatable, motivating, informative and relevant to an audience. The expression of an Art Director is generally visual in execution, but not always. Our art directors are very conceptually focused.
We’re looking for a person to lead clients, is organized and self-motivated, and has an eye for art direction as well as an eloquent sentence. This person will be someone who can demonstrate the following: excellent work ethic; communication and interpersonal skills; ability to function in a collaborative, collegial and pressurized environment; high integrity and intelligence; excellent judgment; a conceptual thinker – strategic as well as pragmatic; and an ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
The BrightHouse internship program is a paid internship in our Atlanta office, June-August 2023. Though we are flexible in our return to office, we do expect candidates to reside in Atlanta for the duration of the internship. Candidates must be available for full-time work following a successful internship.
ART DIRECTOR REQUIREMENTS
- Examples of art direction work in a portfolio site or link to a PDF. Can be ads, ideas, or other forms of creative communication.
- Ability to contribute concepts for all client engagements is mandatory as well as participation in meetings and critiques, face-to-face and on the phone
- Must be consistent in delivering relevant and unexpected work
- Collaborate and communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally, with all BrightHouse team members, vendors, and clients
- Work closely and often with a writer or writers along with strategists
- Conduct conceptual exploration and when necessary be able to adjust and improve the work to be its’ very best
- Seek out opportunities for personal creative growth by working outside their area of expertise and finds new ways to achieve even greater results
ART DIRECTION ROLE
- Thought partner across BrightHouse with the ability to not only understand strategy but come up with amazing ideas from it
- Work efficiently and effectively and demonstrate time management excellence along with assisting teammates to do so
- Advance the company’s strength—increasing new business too
- Simple brilliant work often within quick deadlines
- Keen eye for design, art direction, and color
- A love for fonts, film, and finesse
- Supports all internal team members and always performs in the best interest of BrightHouse
- Gives and takes feedback happily, enabling the work and teammates to thrive
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels
- Analytical, detail focus, problem-solving, decision making and organization/planning aptitude
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient in Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience working in After Effects and/or Final Cut Pro is a bonus
Candidates should be aware that BCG currently maintains a policy requiring all US & Canada based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. BCG is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under applicable federal, state, provincial and local law.
BrightHouse, a business division of the Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. We are required to maintain records of the race and gender of all applicants that provide this information voluntarily in connection with our Affirmative Action plan.
Completion of this self-identification form is entirely voluntary. If you have already provided this information you do not need to provide it again.
Please use the following link if you wish to provide this information: https://www.113.vovici.net/se.ashx?s=13B2588B6B6F5BA0
BrightHouse is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify.
Arts and Entertainment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?