Assistant Project Manager / Project Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
We're a San Diego based company spending every day perfecting our general contracting services for commercial property owners as well as commercial tenants. Imagine blending large company experience with the personal approach of a boutique team, one with over 26 million square feet of commercial improvements in their history. All these projects were completed thanks to our full spectrum of general contracting services, our veteran staff of senior management, project managers, support staff, field staff and superintendents assuring focus through project completion.
We strive to maintain a collaborative, creative and exciting workspace—and we think we do a pretty great job doing so! We believe that individual success brings combined success, which is why we want every person on the team to reach their personal goals. We provide opportunities to learn and grow in every area of our industry, utilizing teamwork and mentorship from the people around us.
The Project Engineer assists and supports the Project Manager on assigned projects. The position works under direct supervision, performs routine daily activities and gathers and distributes information. The Project Engineer must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive, review, forward and track status of submittals
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs
- Assist in management of project permit process
- Assist in preparations of bid packages and procurement
- Update construction schedule based on project team input, Trade Contractor progress and materials delivery
- Change management, including soliciting, receiving, reviewing, and preparing ations and change orders
- Track and inspect material deliveries
- Assist in preparation of monthly owner project status reports, as required
- Attend project meetings, as directed by Project Manager and record meeting minutes
- Assist and/or complete project close-out
- Communicate and enforce Manhattan's environmental, health and safety management policies
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-free environment through own actions and mentoring others
- Maintain accurate contract documents
- Assist Senior Project Manager
- Other duties assigned
JOB Skills & Abilities Guidelines:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
- Experience with Procore is a strong plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math/accounting skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Time management skills and organizational skills
- Ability to read drawings and specifications
- Dog-friendly Fridays
- On-site dry-cleaning pick-up and delivery
- Monthly employee lunches
- On-site company provided car washes (rotational basis)
- Bi-weekly coffee truck and Acai Bowl truck
- On-site Group Fitness classes
- Undergraduate degree required in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field. Graduate degree in engineering or business a plus. DBIA and LEED Accreditation a plus.
- 1+ yrs construction experience required, working for a general contractor on small, medium and large scale construction highly preferred. Must have experience managing commercial projects from start to finish.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for the work and industry a must.
Bright Sky Recruiting
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?