Mid Level/Senior Product Manager - Virtual/Remote
Bright Power Seattle, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Product Manager (PR) will leverage technical experience and outstanding communication skills to lead the creation of software- and data-driven tools for users and customers. The role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams from various Business Units and frequent discussions with members of the product team consisting of engineers and designers.
This means that the product manager must contribute a solid knowledge of the various constraints of the business – constraints from marketing, sales, service, finance, legal, policy, and privacy are typical examples. The product manager must also contribute to the product team a deep knowledge of our users and customers, and the data about how our customers engage with our products. Finally, the product manager is expected to track industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to the relevant product.
While each member of the product team may be accountable for a specific risk, we look for product managers that understand that consistent innovation is the result of each member of the product team contributing their passion and their ideas. The product manager must collaborate closely with her product designer and engineers to discover effective solutions, and then work together to deliver those solutions to market.
Medical insurance, Vision insurance, Dental insurance, Paid holidays, 401K, Transportation benefit
Bright Power is comprised of a team of diverse, talented, and hard-working individuals committed to growing this industry and making a positive impact on the environment. We are passionate about reducing energy and water usage by implementing energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Our goal is to improve the health, comfort, and value of our client’s buildings, while cultivating a sustainable future. We believe deeply in doing well by doing good and come to work every day seeking to change the world.
At Bright Power, we believe deeply in doing well by doing good. We come to work every day seeking to change the world. Our organization consists of experts in social policy, real estate development, engineering and data insights supported by the industry’s best business and technology organization. And, our success is predicated on nurturing a culture that thoughtfully challenges the status quo.
We invite you to join a team of exceptionally talented, highly opinionated risk-takers who want to eliminate the negative environmental impacts of buildings, while maximizing value for multifamily building owners and occupants.
Bright Power's Product team looks to hire the best talent. The team is supplied with the best tools to work remotely but we do require all team members to match their working hours around that of our New York-based corporate headquarters.
The Product Team:
We empower our Product teams to solve hard internal and external problems in ways that our customers love yet work for our business. Our teams are cross-functional, durable, and are generally focused either on Discovery or Delivery. They are typically staffed with a product manager/owner, several engineers, and (if appropriate) a product designer. While we empower our Product teams to figure out the best solutions to the problems that need to be solved, we also hold those teams accountable to the results. Shipping is necessary, but not sufficient. We look for team members that are not afraid of signing up for results, even when this means they have to work through others to achieve the necessary results. This job, as with the other roles on the product team, is an individual contributor role. You will need to be able to influence your teammates, as well as colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives, through your use of data and logic.
We know that innovation thrives on product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences.
The Domain For This Role:
Revenue Throughput (traditionally referred to as internal Product Management) - A significant investment has been made in internal tools to help service our real estate clients. We are seeking experienced technical product managers who are passionate about improving the productivity of our internal teams. You will own the strategy, infrastructure, processes, and tooling that empowers our customer-facing teams to scale our revenue throughput. Our users are operations teams that use the tools directly as well as sales and marketing teams that mine customer data to identify downstream problems to solve. As the Product Manager for our Internal Tools team you will work closely with Engineering, Design, Business Technology, Finance and Operations.
- Develop overall “problems to solve” roadmap and strategy
- Lead investigative discussions with key stakeholders to identify new project or product opportunities
- Serve as the primary driver and organizer for technology products
- Support existing Bright Power projects by serving as point-person to data, customer, and strategy teams
- Champion task prioritization and product roadmap development through collaboration with other product team members
- Guide other teams in general product skills - bottleneck analysis, internal prioritization, outcomes identification, etc.
- Assess internal capacity based on existing projects, budget constraints, team availability, and other restrictions
- Evangelize and model Product mentality and culture throughout the organization
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Passion for the environment and combating climate change
COVID Vaccination Policy
As of September 1st, Bright Power will require employees to demonstrate proof of vaccination to work in our offices and/or perform on-site visits. In accordance with state and federal laws, Bright Power will allow for medical and religious exemptions from the vaccine requirement.
At least 18 years old
Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Minimum High School Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
BusinessView all jobs at Bright Power