Bright Power works with forward-thinking owners and developers to identify, design, and implement custom energy and water solutions on a wide variety of systems. Our team is comprised of a diverse, talented, and hard-working group of individuals committed to growing this industry and to making a positive impact on the environment.
Bright Power has been a transformative player in clean energy and sustainable housing for 15 years. Our Clients include affordable housing owners and developers, Fortune 1000 financial and real estate investors, privately held firms, and some of the nation’s largest property managers.
We are passionate about reducing energy and water usage through the implementation of energy efficiency, electrification, and renewable energy technologies. Our goal is to improve the health, comfort, and value of our client’s buildings, while cultivating a sustainable future. We believe deeply in doing well by doing good, and come to work every day seeking to change the world.
Title: Account Manager: Multifamily Services
Location: New York, NY
The Account Manager will report directly to the Manager, Multifamily Services and will leverage Bright Power's exemplary reputation and brand to help deepen existing account relationships and expand the company’s presence within the affordable and market rate multifamily sectors in the NYC Metro Area. The individual in this role will work closely with the Manager of Multifamily Services to take ownership of the relationships with a strong portfolio of existing clients while also leading outreach to prospective accounts.
Bright Power is a leader in energy management for real estate in New York City and combines software, engineering, consulting, and construction to help our clients reduce their energy costs and carbon emissions. The Account Manager will have the opportunity to leverage Bright Power’s expertise to help proactively shape Energy Management strategies for affordable and market rate housing owners and developers. After the first year, the account manager will increase responsibilities and directly manage company accounts. This will include leading the development of our relationships with existing clients, owning sales processes, and with the Manager’s support, leading meetings and calls with clients and prospects. Bright Power is focused on providing services in the following areas which the Account Manager would have direct exposure to and responsibility for selling:
- Onsite Generation Consulting and Installation Services (Solar PV, Battery Storage and Cogeneration)
- Green Building Consulting and Certification Services (Passive House, Enterprise Green Communities, LEED and Commissioning)
- Utility Bill and Real Time Data Enabled Ongoing Energy Management Services (EnergyScoreCards and MoBIUS)
- Energy+Water Efficiency Retrofit Services (Lighting, HVAC, Envelope, Plumbing)
- Supporting the Manager in Bright Power’s work with an existing portfolio of clients, including:
- Drafting service proposals
- Drafting client facing emails and presentations
- Analyzing economics of various energy related investment opportunities for clients
- Managing sales pipeline in Salesforce and keeping adequate records of meetings and other administrative tasks
- Coordinating and scheduling internal and client facing meetings
- Prospecting and qualifying new clients within the multifamily real estate sector
- Developing a deep understanding of existing clients’ past and current work with Bright Power, organizational structure and Energy Management practices.
- Monitoring, measuring, and tracking progress of opportunities in Salesforce, and providing weekly reporting to supervisor
- Developing opportunities for new sales with clients
- Creating new or improving upon existing Energy and Water management action plans for the Manager’s portfolios and properties through Bright Power’s “Find, Fix, Follow” approach
- Identify opportunities to develop Energy & Water efficiency, On-Site Generation and Power resiliency projects.
- Attending industry events to represent the company and support our expanding presence in the market.
- 3+ years of experience in Account Management, Energy, Real Estate or a related field.
- Ability to lead existing relationships, receive guidance and incorporate constructive feedback into his/her work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to digest complex technical information and communicate this information simply and with concision
- Self starter
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Bright Power provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bright Power complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Bright Power expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Bright Power’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.