This job is located in Frisco, TX.
Brierley+Partners is looking for a seasoned technical leader with 8+ years of professional experience building and supporting enterprise software solutions with demonstrated ability in combining technical and leadership talents in creative ways that get results from the development team and approval/support from management and the business.
In this role, you will be on a passionate, dedicated product development team, helping to build innovative Loyalty+CRM software products. This is a tight-knit team with top-performers that are constantly innovating and expanding the capabilities of our software while maintaining process and writing clean code. It is a fun and driven team that often explores modern technologies. The team is looking for a Lead Engineer to steer major projects and work on highly visible strategic priorities. Your work will directly influence software for some of the most revolutionary ideas in customer loyalty!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a project, taking ownership of task assignments and deliverables.
- Understand the domain, business requirements and resulting technical challenges – you should be an expert in the technologies used for implementation (see “Required Experience and Skills”) and quickly become very knowledgeable in the problem domain and business cases.
- Play an active role during the project requirements gathering, design, and implementation, building out application components and unit/acceptance tests alongside your team.
- Get to know your team: strengths, weaknesses, ambitions, and personalities, making sure they understand the big picture and how important their work is to the team’s overall success.
- Act as a communication proxy for your team and route important information to the appropriate people.
- Be a leading participant in planning activities, internal and customer-facing design sessions, empowering team members and ensuring architectural integrity/consistency across subsystems.
- Ensure efficient utilization of the LoyaltyOnDemand™ platform and enforce component re-use and integration into the platform where possible.
- Know the status of your team’s work, communicating schedule slip immediately to management and keeping track of technical debt.
- Enforce a regular team code review process and ensure compliance with company policy, procedures, and standards.
- Jointly plan hardware and software needs with the Development Manager.
Required Experience and Skills
- 8 or more years of professional development experience developing enterprise applications using C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core, Oracle 11g, PostgreSQL.
- 3 or more years of experience operating in a technical lead capacity.
- Strong experience designing and building solutions based on OOO and SOA.
- Planning, designing, implementing and supporting technology applications.
- Multitasking and prioritizing while ensuring deadlines are met with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills and mentoring skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC web application development, Vue.js.
- Experience with container and cloud technologies.
- Data modeling skills and experience with data streaming technologies.
- Strong client/customer facing skills; ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with Windows Foundational technologies such as Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- Experience working with object-relational mapping (ORM) tools such as Petapoco.
- Unit testing frameworks such as NUnit.
- Experience creating custom automated build processes using Jenkins or similar tools.
- Experience in formal development methodologies – Agile/SCRUM.
- Ability to work individually or with a team of developers and analysts.
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline