Sanitation Technician - Swing & Night
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB SUMMARY: The Sanitation Technician supports the Company’s production, and food safety, by cleaning, sanitizing, and staging parts, equipment, machinery and other items used in the manufacture of our products. The Sanitation crew consistently adheres to standards in order to sustain a high level of cleanliness. Team members take an active role in the areas of Safety, and Productivity. Strong team skills are essential.
- Operate in work groups and monitors processes within an assigned area of responsibility
- Operate powered equipment (ride on floor scrubbers, scissor lift, pallet jack)
- Assess cleanliness and sanitary quality of parts, machinery, and equipment
- Dispense chemicals for use by production team members
- Communicate with Quality Tech, Line Lead and Supervisor regarding any non-conformance or questionable food contact surfaces
- Clean and sanitize to assure food safety
- Work to ensure minimum downtime is experienced through effective organization and time management
- Validate sanitation effectiveness with visual inspection and coordinate with Quality Assurance for inspection
- Complete all shift documentation accurately and adhere to all daily standard work
- Monitor self and team members to ensure GMP compliance. Hold self and others accountable.
- Responsible for the health and safety of self and co-workers
- Perform routine housekeeping of assigned work area and adjacent areas
- Perform minor maintenance, as needed, with sanitation equipment repairs and/or adjustments
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing/food production environment preferred
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply company standards including, but not limited to safety practices, such as GMPs, SOPs, employee handbook, etc.
- Must be team-oriented, reliable and able to meet attendance standards.
- Ability to handle multiple competing assignments without losing focus on food safety, priorities and daily plans, as well as sticking to established workflows.
- Willing to gain new skills and knowledge and show good listening skills. Willing to share knowledge with others.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS:
- Frequent exposure to humidity, water; repetitive movement, bending and twisting, and using hands to handle and squeeze objects, such as hoses and nozzles
- Exposure to sustained noise levels
- Exposure to hazards such as moving machinery, hot water, slippery floors, chemicals, overhead doors, and powered industrial vehicles
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to stand for 95-100% of shift, sometimes up to 12 hours
- Able to work in an environment containing nuts, peanuts, dairy, grains and other allergens
- Must have the ability to perform repetitive tasks quickly and accurately
- Must be available for all shifts, nights, weekends, some holidays, occasional overtime, if necessary
Other Duties as Assigned
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, but is to serve as a guideline. Management retains the right to determine additions or changes to job content.
Bridgetown Natural Foods
Energy and Environment
Get fresh Sanitation Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!