GCR is one of the nation's largest full-service Tire & Service companies. Our extensive network of tire stores provides greater availability for customers to purchase tires and related services. GCR Tires & Service is a division of Bridgestone America's Tire Operations (BATO), providing outstanding service from well over 200 locations in 48 US States and Eastern Canada. GCR Tires & Service has the right mix of service, new tire and re-tread knowledge to ensure the ongoing success of our customers. Most of our locations also offer 24-hour roadside assistance. We offer a wide variety of passenger, light truck, medium truck, agricultural, industrial and off the road tires from brands such as Bridgestone, Firestone, and many more.
Produce a high-quality retread by performing specific assigned retreading tasks per specifications and time standards.
- Inspects tires to be retreaded or repaired to determine condition, repairs needed, etc
- Apply rubber compounds to retread the tire to tire casing and hangs up to dry
- Curing retread tires
- Quality control of finished product
- Checks finished tire with work order for proper identification and completion of work required
- Trims and paints finished retread
- Participates in training, follows safety procedures, job duties and company policies
- Any other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- This position will require lifting 50 to 150 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis depending upon the availability of hydraulic lifting equipment.
- Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations in an environment that includes machinery noise, dust and exposure to heat.
- Previous experience in manufacturing preferred
- Pre-employment drug test/physical/ background check will help assure we build teams of people who can best work with others and serve customer needs
Employee Type Regular Full-Time
Degree Preferred High School
Requisition ID 2019-161641
Posted Date 6/20/2019
Zip Code 97217
Functional Area Retread
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer, it is the policy of Bridgestone to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.