At Firestone Building Products, Nobody Covers You Better. You can count on us for complete building performance solutions – from roots to rooftops. By taking the entire building envelope into consideration, we provide focused solutions for roofing systems, wall systems, landscape and lining projects based on the specific results you need to achieve. We not only deliver exceptionally performing building materials, but also outstanding services, support, warranty and expertise; all backed by a brand you can trust.
Backed by the strength of a diversified multibillion-dollar corporation, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. And, with locations throughout North America, we are always looking for qualified candidates.
The Firestone Building Products, Corsicana, TX plant is looking for a 2nd Production Working Supervisor.General Description of Work
- Able to perform or quickly learn all positions in the production area including Extruder Operator, B-Operator, Batcher, Forklift Driver.
- Responsible for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Capability, and Productivity of the shift production team.
- Performs any and all duties requested by Plant Superintendent.
Starting rate $28.08 plus a $1.00 shift differential for 2nd Shift. * Medical, Dental Vision benefits effective first day of hire.
Personnel Safety and Administration
- Directly responsible of the Safety of all Teammates and others reporting to this position.
- Responsible for all production area infrastructure and equipment SAFE operation.
- Responsible to ensure the administration of all Safety Training for Production Teammates as appropriate.
- Assesses effectiveness of training and safety behavior best practices
- Ensures development of a SAFE work environment and nurtures a LOTO safeguarding culture.
- Establishes performance objectives and safeguards accountability for all Production Teammates
- Promotes Data Driven Decision Making
- Supports Community ‘Citizenship’
- Works with Warehouse Manager on production schedule and sets plans for the manufacture of quality products needed for Customer demand.
- Supports and enhances process technique of the Manufacturing of standard and new products for warehousing
- Coordinates immediate production/maintenance response to critical equipment failures which may cause production losses or loss of safe-operation status.
- Makes daily assessment, plans countermeasures, and reviews Machine Utilization, scrap, and warehoused output with Plant Superintendent
- Maintains a rigid system of “5-S” process control to ensure the facility remains safe, clean, and teammate efficient.
- Manages Production Teammate overtime commensurate with Production/Warehouse and back-log demand
- Manages Production contributions to recycling of all possible materials.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels for Operator tools, equipment, PPE, and other processing aids for Teammates
- Fully embraces the quality mindset of accept no defects, make no defects, pass on no defects.
- Supports and assists in data analysis to reduce product statistical variations which may be caused by equipment or other process techniques
- Supports and practices ‘Six Sigma’ methodology for process continuous improvement.
- Fosters and nurtures a “Culture of Quality’ among the Production Teammates and Associates
- Participates and assigns Standards (SDP) creation and Improvements (SBI)
- Analyzes and takes action to improve Machine Utilization and Manufacturing Process Improvements.
- Makes recommendations for equipment or system modifications to improve product quality or packaging integrity
- Manages process Kaizen activities to optimize operations efficiency and manufacturing conversion costs.
- Cooperates and supports materials trials to effect “cost down” and Process innovation
- Lead a shift continuous improvement team to identify, prioritize, and implement safety, quality, productivity, delivery, cost, and capability improvement projects.
Skills & Qualifications
- Associates degree in business, construction management, or related field preferred
- Able to use Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Good problems solving and decision making skills
- Prior supervisory skills are very desirable
- Well organized with good writing and verbal skills
- Comfortable speaking before a group for team training and meeting purposes
- Personally believes and visibly demonstrates Bridgestone’s Rules of the Road
- Comfortable confronting and addressing unsafe and inappropriate work behaviors
- Able and willing to hold team members accountable for performance expectations
- Promotes and strengthens Teammate Relations
Able to stand, sit, and/or walk a majority of the shift.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
• Pay rate starts at $27.26 a hour plus an additional $1.00 per hour as a shift differential
•We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more. Medical benefits start the first day of employment
• We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
• Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.