Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment Our Way to Serve, Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
Location: Muscle Shoals, AL/Wellford, SC/Anoka, MN
Job Summary: The Regional Manager of EHSS is the environmental health safety and sustainability liaison to the regionally assigned Firestone Building Products manufacturing and distribution sites. This position is responsible for ensuring that the locations have effective policies, procedures, plans, systems, business practices, standards and controls in place to identify, assess, monitor and manage EHSS risks and opportunities of existing and planned operations and to comply with applicable federal and state laws and regulations. The EHSS Regional Manager is responsible for ensuring those policies and standards are aligned with Bridgestone Americas, communicated and institutionalized throughout the region, and for monitoring the region's compliance with those policies and standards.
Essential Job Functions:
· Administer comprehensive OSHA and EPA Compliance Programs through Management Leadership & Teammate Involvement, Worksite Analysis, Hazard Prevention and Control, and Environmental Health and Safety Training
· Drive the operational implementation of EHSS strategies and initiatives in a way that builds a culture of compliance, performance and reputation and supports the Business Unit and Enterprise goals
· Manage the day-to-day operation of the assigned site's EHSS function
· Design and execute, working with Human Resources, Operations and others as appropriate, education, training and awareness programs for teammates whose functions or responsibilities involve compliance with EHSS policies, laws or standards of conduct and ensures that all required training (OSHA, EPA, etc.) is completed
· Maintain an effective system for identifying, reporting, investigating, tracking, and trending incidents and taking action to ensure appropriate countermeasures are implemented
· Performs annual Tier I (self-assessment) audits to evaluate locations and provides continuous feedback for improvement for the assigned sites.
· Serve as EHSS Subject Matter Expert and coach others
· Direct EHSS emergency response activities
· Provides guidance on regulatory/legislative matters (OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI, NFPA, EPA) and oversee government compliance inspections and activities.
· Develop written programs, procedures and policies to ensure compliance
· Promote and support the Line-Driven Safety Process
· Based out of Muscle Shoals, AL
Other Essential Functions: Oversight of Teammates providing facility-level EHSS support
Reports To: EHSS Director, Diversified Products, Dotted line to facility managers at assigned sites.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Training & Development
· Strong leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to work in an open and consultative manner with others
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, changing environment, demonstrating initiative and self-motivation
· Demonstrates sound business judgment and the ability to grasp the complexities of a large business organization and the application of legal and regulatory requirements to the organization
· Ability to comprehend law and regulation and judicial and regulatory interpretations of law and regulation, with the advice of Company counsel, and to develop appropriate policies relative to the business
· Strong oral/written communication skills with ability to be precise and direct in communicating to larger and smaller groups
Work Environment and Time Requirements: This position will require someone who can take initiative, make decisions and take responsibility for them, and react quickly to changing conditions requiring rapid shifts in priorities. Job requires up to 75% travel.
Preferred Educational and/or Work Experience: BS degree in Safety or Industrial Hygiene or equivalent plus 4 years environmental, safety and health experience or MS in Safety or Industrial Hygiene plus 2 years environmental, safety and health experience or Chemical, Civil, Environmental Engineering or related science plus 4 years environmental, safety and health experience.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.