Join a rapidly growing and very profitable wastewater solutions provider as you help expand their market share within the Municipal and Private wastewater sectors. For the last 30 years, our client has been providing temporary, portable, and permanent wastewater treatment plant solutions with custom designs and capital leasing options. As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for expanding the national sales presence in North and South Carolina by identifying key stakeholders and opportunities with Property Development Firms, Engineering Firms, Municipalities, and more.
Top producers in this field earn over $200K per year consistently!
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify, develop, and close capital lease contracts for wastewater infrastructure solutions to support the growth of new residential construction and commercial development in NC and SC.
- Prepare responses to RFP/RFQs and delivery sales capabilities presentations to target customers.
- Conduct market research to identify new leads within the territory.
- Develop long-term relationships with land developers, engineering & construction firms, and regulatory agencies to ensure wastewater solutions are specified in future projects.
- Understand and incorporate state/local permitting requirements.
- Attend regional trade shows and relevant industry/municipal conferences to strengthen the company’s presence in the area and to develop new relationships.
- BS/BA in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Environmental) or Finance is strongly preferred.
- 7+ years successful sales, business development, and/or project management experience in the Municipal Wastewater, Land Development, Civil Engineering, or Construction industries.
- Strong understanding of wastewater operations including, but not limited to, equipment requirements, governmental regulations, technical design, and layout, etc.
- Ability or experience negotiating long-term service contracts, capital lease agreements, or related equipment or service contract.
- Ability to collect data, assess mechanical or process equipment requirements, make recommendations for improvements, prepare commercial proposals, and close new business.
- Prior project management experience is a plus, but not required.
- Comfortable in a long sales-cycle environment.
- Exposure or expertise with design-build water infrastructure projects, engineering and construction, capital improvements, and/or long-term maintenance service contracts is a plus.
- Well-rounded mechanical aptitude and familiarity with pumps, motors, valves, flanges, seals, piping, tanks, sensors, instrumentation, control systems, process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), and process flow diagrams (PFDs).
- Consultative problem-solving selling approach with strong relationship management skills.
- Strong competitive drive with consistent track record of high achievement.
- Experience using a CRM database such a Salesforce or a similar system.
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Compensation includes an attractive base salary, uncapped sales commission, and strong vehicle allowance. Company benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and paid time off. Our client is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bridges Staffing LLC
Why Work Here?Local Staffing Company
BSA is Charleston's premier staffing and direct placement organization. We create wonderful marriages between candidate and employer.