Assistant Program Manager (Group Home)
- Expired: September 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Assistant Program Manager (APM) : The APM directly assists the Program Manager in managing one group home and ensures that the Shift Supervisors/Milieu counselors have the training and support to achieve program goals. The APM supervises staff providing services to youth; ensures that all basic needs for residents are met, in addition to working in ratio as a Shift Supervisor two shifts per week. Position requires work outside of traditional work week. (evening shift)
Founded in 1873, Bridges Homeward (formally CFCS) has evolved over time into a group of dynamic, highly dedicated, mission driven professionals meeting the current needs of the Greater Boston community. Bridges Homeward is committed to strengthening and advocating for diversity, equity and inclusion, for our staff and those we serve.? We are seeking staff that align with our commitment, as individuals and as a community, to continually seek to advance racial equity initiatives to address long-standing systemic racial biases and discrimination in our society.?Our goal for every person we work with is?for them to find?permanency; a healthy, nurturing relationship with an adult that they can count on for the rest of their life. Sometimes, permanency in our work means making sure a child can remain with their biological family; sometimes it means ensuring someone with a developmental disability can live with family instead of having to move to an institutional setting; sometimes it means finding a child?in foster care?a?forever family and for other youth it means having a safe, secure parenting relationship with a supportive adult. Join our supportive team environment today!
PURPOSE & SCOPE: The APM is a member of the Residential Program and supports management of internal operations of a group home for transition age youth aged 16 to 21 years who are in the custody of the Department of Children and Families . The Program supports youth with a strengths-based perspective to:
- Establish and promote safe and secure parenting relationships and lifelong connections.
- Develop skills and abilities needed to be productive members of their communities.
- Develop skills and abilities needed to live successfully in adulthood.
- Establish and achieve educational and vocational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The APM is responsible for supporting a therapeutic home environment that:
- Is safe
- Respectful and encouraging to staff and youth;
- Promotes a cooperative, nurturing, collaborative approach to daily living;
- Empowers staff and youth to participate in all program planning
The APM is expected to:
- Assist in the hiring, supervision and education of program staff;
- Coordinate and conduct weekly resident house meeting, with Case Manager as Co-Facilitator
- Meet as needed with Director of Clinical Services for collaboration on therapeutic approaches;
- Participate in on-call rotation (program requires 24/7 availability);
- Train, evaluate and supervise Supervise Shift Supervisors; and providing disciplinary measures in conjunction with Program Manager as needed.
- Work in ratio 2 days a week
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree or higher preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in residential services to at-risk youth, and at least 1 year in Supervisory or Program Management role required;
- Knowledgeable in strength-based approaches, permanency best practice and Trauma Informed Care;
- Valid driver's license and properly insured vehicle;
- Clearance of background checks as required by state and federal law;
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage priority action items;
- Current certification in CPR and first aid, or the ability to obtain it within 3 months of hire;
- Proof of COVID-19 vacccine, or approved waiver.
Current certification in Massachusetts Medication Administration (MAP) or ability to be certified within 3 months of hiring.
Get fresh Assistant Program jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.