Experienced Mechanical Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our Albuquerque, NM team. The qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career (at least 7 years) in Mechanical Engineering related to projects such as laboratories, hospitals, manufacturing, educational, and commercial facilities.
In this position, the ideal candidate performs conceptual design through construction administration and post-occupancy, coordinating with multiple disciplines and as Mechanical Engineer, ensuring projects are delivered within budget and on schedule. Other responsibilities of this position include:
- Staying current on codes and technologies appropriate to the mechanical disciplines
- Ensuring conformance with standards, established design practices, applicable codes, and technical adequacy of design and construction
- Organizing and conducting site visits for data collection and evaluation of mechanical systems, equipment, components and materials for projects with and without well-defined scopes
- Developing and designing within a BIM design environment
- Completing assigned engineering and design tasks in accordance with client specified criteria and applicable codes and standards
- Reviewing junior team member’s work for quality and recognition of training opportunities
- Leading junior engineers in engineering design development and professional growth
- Collaborating with the internal and external project team to execute the project from concept to completion.
Bridgers & Paxton is one of the top 100 Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Technology Consulting Engineering firms in the nation with a reputation for superb design services. Our clientele includes federal, state, and city agencies, colleges and universities, manufacturing and healthcare. We employ over 120 people, of which 55 are graduate engineers with 12 of those registered Engineer Interns and 37 registered Professional Engineers. This high ratio of engineers allows B&P to take on some of the most technically challenging projects and provides opportunity to have a successful and fulfilling career. With us, you can experience a wide variety of project types from Department of Energy laboratories to hospitals, manufacturing, educational, and commercial facilities.
We expect our experienced engineers to be able to lead and deliver projects, taking a leadership role in mentoring and developing staff.
We look for the following ideal qualifications:
- Four year college degree from an accredited engineering program
- At least 7 years of mechanical engineering experience within a consulting or design-build firm
- Professional Licensed Mechanical Engineer
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit and other production related software is a plus
- Experience in the following markets: Healthcare and Labs, Corporate Commercial, and Educational facilities, and federal, state and local Government is a plus
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits package, we pay 100% of employee health coverage and partial coverage for families, full vested retirement plan with company match, vision, dental, and cafeteria plan.
To be considered for this role, please apply via Careers | Bridgers & Paxton (bpce.com) and attach your resume, cover letter and academic transcript to your application.
B&P is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We've been named a 2022 Top Workplace by the Albuquerque Journal for our culture that values its people and amplifies talents.
Powered by JazzHR
Bridgers & Paxton Consulting Engineers, Inc.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Bridgers & Paxton Consulting Engineers, Inc.