JR Infrastructure & Cabling Technician - San Antonio, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Because of our commitment to customer satisfaction, Bridgehead IT has grown into an industry leader. Bridgehead IT is seeking an entry-level ICT Low Voltage Technician to support the growing need in the ICT Department. The ICT technician will be responsible for the installation of low voltage cabling and equipment. This position requires basic knowledge in the following fields: Structured Cabling Systems, Access Control Systems, Surveillance Systems, and Audio-Visual Systems. Certification opportunities available.
Key Job Duties:
- Install a work area outlet for floor (i.e., monument), modular furniture 9i.e. surface mount box) and wall (i.e., box eliminator). Drop cable down wall using fish tape or other method. Route cable through modular furniture. Perform per-termination procedures: organize, form dress cables, and determine length, slack and label cables. Suspend and support cable correctly: Cable tray, j-hook, D-rings, Bridal rings, Trapeze.
- Build closets (Mount and install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware). Install grounding for racks, equipment and cable as required.
- Perform fire-stopping procedures on fire walls, install sleeves, pull cable through sleeves and core penetration.
- Terminate low-voltage devices.
- Follow prints.
- Fully complete all IES COMMERCIAL paperwork accurately and on time (timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required).
- Adhere to and participate in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Superior attention to detail.
- Some understanding of concepts, principles, and industry practices within own discipline.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work extended hours and manage deadlines to accomplish required tasks.
- Must be able to differentiate between specific colors and shades of colors on cable wires, etc.
- Possession of valid Texas Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass and extensive DPS background check.
Education and Experience:
- AA/AS Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field/equivalent experience preferred
- BICSI Certification a plus, as well as any manufacturer certifications specific to Structured Cabling, etc.
- Copper/Fiber Optic Certifications preferred, but not required.
- Proficient with all windows based operating systems.
AddressSan Antonio, TX
TechnologyView all jobs at Bridgehead IT