Director of Development and Communications
Human and Social Rights Nonprofit
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Terrific opportunity for a passionate, mission-driven Director of Development and Communications (DODC) with a highly regarded human and social rights nonprofit in Miami. The position will oversee all development efforts, including the design and execution of a strategic fundraising plan. The role will manage an existing portfolio and oversee the research, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual and institutional donors. The DODC will collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors on various initiatives, including major gifts. The position will be responsible for leveraging the donor and marketing database to increase the impact of fundraising efforts. The DODC will also ensure that communications efforts are effectively integrated within the fundraising function. The position will manage, mentor and train a team of two. Qualified candidates will have approximately 5-7 years of related fundraising experience. Bachelor's required.
- Design and implement fundraising strategies to increase giving from individual and institutional donors
- Point-person on major gifts efforts, with a focus on securing gifts of $10k+
- Oversee the full lifecycle of fundraising (research, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship)
- Manage, mentor and train a team of two
- Interface with the Board as necessary for fundraising initiatives
- Ensure that communications initiatives improve brand awareness, impact and fundraising
- Approximately 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's required
- Strong track record of success designing and executing fundraising strategies
Equal opportunity employer.