Note: Please read through this ad for special instructions. We will not look at unsolicited resumes.
Note: This position is based out of our corporate office in Covington, La.
Excellent opportunity for goal-oriented, independent, high-energy, knowledgeable IT Specialist with outstanding customer service skills.
We are looking for a top-notch information technology consultant to join an established, nimble, fast moving team. Renowned for its superior technical skill and unrelenting dedication to its customers, this stable and long-standing company offers a secure position. A comprehensive compensation plan includes financial support for professional certifications, dental and vision insurance, and mileage reimbursement/fuel allowance.
This position offers the chance to be an integral part of the strategic growth of the company and is ideal for candidates seeking to be part of a small and responsive team in a work-hard, play-hard atmosphere.
Daily activities require an individual to be capable of handling both routine and complex troubleshooting activities: working in office, utilizing remote diagnostics, or jumping in the car to head to a client's site (for local individuals in our service area). This is a critical, front-line position that requires interaction with customers, and rotational on-call hours.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Upgrading, migrating, and installing Windows operating systems
• Desktop support - Microsoft Windows
• Malware/Virus troubleshooting and resolution
• Running routine back-ups for network servers and desktops
• Installing and administering IPSEC and SSL based VPN networks combined with thorough knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LANS, WANS and Routers
• Configuring, deploying, migrating and troubleshooting Windows Server, client PC, networking, printing, and related hardware and/or software issues
Desired Skills and Experience
• Two- or four-year degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
• CompTIA A+ Certification or a Microsoft certificate plus experience in lieu of degree
• Minimum of two years' hands-on experience in a business environment
• Prior experience directly supporting customers on-site or remotely
• Must be in good standing with DMV and have valid driver's license
• Ability to commute to customers in own vehicle (mileage reimbursement/fuel allowance)
• Pass a 7-year felony/misdemeanor background check and drug test
• Good communication skills - with people and with writing service notes
Technology certifications are a PLUS, Microsoft or other.
• Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time
• Must have the ability to stand, sit, squat, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, reach, lift, balance, push and pull as required for an IT position.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs/ frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 100 lbs with assistance.
• Must be able to drive to client locations (local candidates only).
For the right candidate, there is tremendous opportunity to grow in this company. We are in a growth mode. That means it's a fast-paced environment and opportunities will grow as the company does.
We place a strong emphasis on Top Quality, Experience, and Customer Service.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before completing the zip recruiter process. Please give us a quick introduction and let us know to expect your submission through the zip recruiter platform.
We are looking for a long-term employee who will grow with the company as we evolve into offering some new and very cool technologies. If you want to work on known technology and just collect a paycheck, you won't fit in here.
We are looking for someone who is willing to learn *our* way of providing top-quality customer support. You will learn great trouble-shooting skills and be exposed to a wide variety of network setup and internet operations.