Freelance Journalist for ELT Industry
Bridge Education Group, Inc. Denver, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
Bridge is looking for a reliable freelance journalist to collaborate with our editorial team by researching and reporting on in-depth industry news for our new online news magazine, BridgeUniverse. Primary duties will include researching and writing news articles and interviewing stakeholders, gurus, and other members of international English Language Teaching and Training community (ELT). The ideal candidate will have knowledge of and/or interest in the ELT industry, bringing some connections within the space. Applicants should be self-starters who are eager to be a part of a rapidly growing team and who respond well to constructive criticism and editing. All work is remote and open globally.
Bridge Education Group, Inc. (Bridge) has been a world leader in language education and teacher training for over 35 years. Based in Denver, Colorado, Bridge is a global company with operations in Latin America and a global network of partners. Each year, we serve thousands of students and teachers from every corner of the globe. To learn more, please visit us at bridge.edu.
What makes Bridge different? Our people and our culture. Bridge is a multi-cultural and welcoming environment that is fast-paced, service-oriented and entrepreneurial. Our values and mission are an integral part of our culture: excellence, integrity, learning, innovation and teamwork. Transforming lives through international education is what motivates us.
Position: Freelance Journalist (Part-time)
Reports to: Director, BridgeUniverse
Start Date: ASAP
Time: Project-based and variable
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Research & pitch news stories that will be of interest to global ELT community of both teachers and business "insiders"
- Write at least one 2,000 to 3,000-word article per month, with potential for more
- Interview gurus, stakeholders, and other ELT community members
- Gather data and procure photos to publish along with article
- Undertake research to provide background information for articles
- Stay up-to-date on the latest ELT news and trends
- Strive for exclusive, accurate and unique news coverage
Experience and Skills:
- Writing experience with writing samples, especially journalistic (not blogging); longer format a plus
- Familiarity with the ELT industry and English language teaching experience preferred
- Editorial experience at a print or digital magazine/newspaper (AP style) a plus
- A strong and distinguished voice and strong editing eye
- Ability to communicate effectively and take ownership of (multiple) projects
- Ability to take constructive criticism and consistently meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Slack
- Experience with WordPress preferred
Compensation: 20 cents (USD) per word per article
Bridge Education Group, Inc.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Bridge Education Group, Inc.