Brick Staffing has a national facilities contractor looking for a Sr. Facilities Manager to join their team at the prestigious NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) located in Pasadena, CA.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Facilities Manager. This person will be a hands-on manager, with a strong technical background and a proven track record for working closely with customers in a partnering manner. This role will have approx. 3 direct reports and 40 indirect reports, and will also be responsible for working with and managing subcontractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Profit loss accountability for multiple multi-million dollar facility service subcontracts and direct hire workforce (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing Trades).
- Meets with Customer Facility Managers and other Representatives to reconcile requirements and work status. Individual is the primary representative for the company during meetings with the customer(s)
- Works closely with and directs Maintenance Superintendent and Trade Leads to ensure timely work completion.
- Responsible for oversight and management of energy management and control systems as well as energy savings initiatives.
- Ensures equipment is operated and maintained in accordance with technical specifications.
- Coordinates with Site Quality Control to ensure all work is in compliance with technical specifications
- Responsible for maintaining a good working environment. This includes conflict resolution, conducting personnel performance evaluations, and documenting resource needs.
- Reviews departmental operational procedures and processes and implements changes as required streamlining operations, improving productivity and ensuring a safe working environment is maintained.
- Champions site-wide safety program and strives to maintain an accident free environment while continuously promoting quality and customer service
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical degree preferred).
- 10+ years’ experience as a Senior Manager in the area of Facility/Public Works management.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience and knowledge in working with CMMS.
- Understanding of concepts and practical experience with Planning / Scheduling / Estimating, Preventive Maintenance program development, and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) philosophy
- Experience working on Federal Government Contracts is a plus