POSITION TITLE: HR Manager
COMPANY: Brick Bodies Health and Fitness
LOCATION: Timonium, MD
HOURS OF WORK: 40+ Hours Per Week;
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The HR Generalist reports to the COO and will work with all stakeholders and vendors to provide leadership, expertise, and knowledge to all aspects of Human Resources including but not limited to recruitment, training and development, benefits, HR Information Systems, policies & procedures, performance management, orientation, and on/off-boarding. They will strategize and work with executives to develop policies and practices to attract the best talent, increase retention, and evangelize our culture.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with:)
· Executive Team
· Corporate Office Directors
· Club Team Leaders
· All Team Members
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / EXPECTED OUTCOMES
· Own the recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding process
· Champion the HRIS system and be the SME (Paycom)
· Manage and oversee the payroll department
· Handle all HR compliance issues (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc)
· Leading the company’s HR/Payroll department
· Continuously look to improve all processes and procedures related to HR.
· Build open, trusting relationships with all employees
· Lead HR projects/initiatives
· Recruit, hire, and on-board great talent.
· Give guidance and consulting to hiring managers in hiring decisions and disciplinary actions.
· Ensure new hire packets are readily available at all clubs.
· Host orientation meetings, department overview meetings, and FIT Workshops.
· Ensure hiring managers are utilizing department training and exit checklists.
· Ensure new team members are watching new hire cultural videos vis the HRIS platform. Audit activity.
· Review, update and create job descriptions
· Ensure compliance with legal regulations (posters, I-9 forms, etc.)
· Manage unemployment claims.
· Prepare various HR communications.
· Support benefits enrollment process and annual open enrollment, wellness activities, leave management, and workers’ compensation.
· Facilitates communication around culture, vision, value to help guide the actions and decisions of employees.
· Create, run, analyze reports from the HRIS system to support all HR Business Partners. Including but not limited to Compensation and Benefits, Accounting and Finance, Operations and Data Analysis, Auditors and Government Agencies.
· Provide HRIS support for all users.
· Provide regular and timely maintenance for HRIS system
· Ensure accuracy and completeness of HRIS records.
· Actively create new training content
· Actively conduct training webinars and seminars
· Manage access to, and monitoring of, the Learning Management System in the HRIS system
· Role model the Brick Bodies Core Values
o Live the Brand
o Be Tenacious
o Be a Team Player
· Recognize and celebrate behavior aligned with our values
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· B.S. degree
· 2-5 years of HR Generalist experience
· HR certification preferred (SHRM-CP or PHR)
· Knowledge of HR laws and policies (local, state, and federal)
· Must be detail-oriented, organized, analytical, problem-solver, and have excellent follow-up skills.
· Curious by nature (troubleshoot)
· Team oriented with a genuine concern for others
· Positive attitude with great energy
· Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
· Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
· Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Office 365, Microsoft Teams)
· Willingness to learn