We are in need of a motivated hard working Medical assistant to join our clinic. Must be a fast learner, self-starter, have good communication skills and medical terminology. Knowledge of medications, prescription refills. Must work well under pressure and you may need to travel to multiple locations.
· Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
· Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; performing specialty tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies.
· Educates patients by providing medication and diet information; procedures and testing instructions; answering questions.
Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
· Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
· Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.