We are a small private practice, looking for a Dental Hygienist to join our team. Must have a can-do attitude with a friendly, caring personality that can offer our patients compassionate care.
Our office is open Tuesday- Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm. The position is for Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. 1 patient per hour.
We are looking for a hygienist to help treat patients and promote good oral health practices. You’ll help dentists decide treatments for teeth or gum diseases and handle dental emergencies. As a Dental Hygienist, you should be reliable and able to build trust with patients of all ages. You should have deep knowledge of relevant health and safety rules and a good eye for oral diseases and anomalies. If you have a steady hand and great bedside manner, we’d like to meet you.
- Ensure patients feel as comfortable as possible before their examination
- Sterilize dental instruments properly
- Conduct initial mouth screenings and check oral health history
- Identify conditions like gingivitis, caries or periodontitis
- Clean and help protect patients’ teeth (e.g. remove plaque or apply fluoride)
- Educate patients of all ages on proper teeth care (by demonstrating, for example, good brushing techniques)
- Give instructions to patients after operations or other dental procedures
- Take X-rays
- Maintain documentation and charts on each patient
- Proven experience as Dental Hygienist or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations in this profession (e.g. HIPAA)
- Experience in preparing and maintaining dental equipment
- Outstanding communication skills
- A patient and friendly personality
- Attention to detail
- Stamina to meet the physical demands of the job
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene
- Valid licence to practice
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $36.00 to $52.00 /hour
Brian G Sanford DDS