Senior Account Executive
- Posted: over a month ago
Brian is a full-service, strategic communications agency. With expertise in strategic counsel and planning, digital, media relations, executive visibility, reputation and crisis management, social strategy, branding and advertising, Brian is one of the fastest-growing firms in the Philadelphia region. Brian Communications is seeking a talented Senior Account Executive to help deliver strategic, dynamic ideas (and high-profile results).
This role is a permanent full-time opportunity and also has a hybrid (WFH/In-Office) schedule.
The “Day-to-Day” is Yours: With the guidance of senior leadership, Senior Account Executives are asked to manage day-to-day client relationships and public relations activities. This oversight includes the execution of aggressive media relations programs, development of messaging and materials, planning/supervision of client events and integration of social media strategy/execution into campaigns. These are the nuts and bolts of account leadership and Senior Account Executives are at the heart of it.
Anticipate, Anticipate, Anticipate: Shifting to a more strategic role is crucial to the successful Senior Account Executive. This role requires an ability to move from consistent media monitoring to consistent “big thinking,” developing new ideas for both clients and the agency. It’s also about looking further ahead than just the next day, anticipating the needs of clients and agency leadership in meeting key business goals and objectives while enhancing the brand.
Manage Up and Down: Senior Account Executives mentor and oversee the work of junior staff while also supporting senior agency leadership. The successful SAE is comfortable providing junior staff with guidance and feedback, encouraging growth and good work but also, in addressing work that may need improvement before client/agency review. The SAE is comfortable having conversations with agency leadership, when needed, to flag client concerns and/or junior staff work issues. This open communication is both encouraged and expected within this role as it is crucial to health of the agency.
Embrace a Different Kind of Heat: The SAE must recognize their increased responsibility and pivot to advise on crisis and issues management, offering a unique learning experience that requires quick-thinking, quick-work, and a quick “yes” to being part of the team.
The Ideal Candidate Is…
- Strategy first, always considering how clients can elevate their brand when developing communication initiatives to meet dynamic business objectives
- A detail-oriented multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can appropriately prioritize client needs
- A manager and mentor to junior staff, providing insights and tactical guidance that enhances their experience and skills
- A skillful writer, editor and media pitcher who can help oversee message/material development among junior staff
- An active listener and an active learner, who welcomes guidance from senior agency leaders
- Comfortable managing client budgets and developing ideas/initiatives within them
- Passionate about the work – whatever it may be – and the agency
- Demonstrates a proactive work style
- Respectful of clients, colleagues, and the media. We’re all in this together.
- Genuinely, nice to be around.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, or a related field.
- Full-time professional experience: 3-5 years in agency public relations or a similar position
- Experience in healthcare is a plus!
- Strong marketing, strategy, interpersonal, and communication skill
We offer a supportive and friendly environment, competitive salaries, generous PTO and a comprehensive benefits package.
We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Brian Communications LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Brian Communications LLC