At BRIA of Palos Hills a leading provider of both short-term and long-term medical and rehabilitation care we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care for each patient we serve. Our ideal candidates will share our passion for providing quality healthcare and are looking to build a career with a company that is truly making a difference.
As a Nurse at BRIA Health Services unique opportunities for employment are available to you:
As a Licensed Nurse you will provide quality-nursing care through assessing patient health problems and needs, developing and implementing nursing care plans, and maintaining medical records. Monitoring all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity, documenting patient care services by charting in patient's medical record, monitoring, recording, and reporting symptoms or changes in patients' condition, ordering, interpreting, and evaluating diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's condition, modifying patient treatment plans as indicated by patients responses and conditions, and directing or supervising Certified Nursing Assistants.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must be a strong communicator.
- Must be organized and have the ability to prioritize work.
- Must know how to use organization policies and procedures.
- Requires knowledge of using a multiline phone system, fax machines, copy machines, computer and paging systems.
Nurse Specific Requirements:
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Illinois and in good standing
- 1 year of experience in long term care or hospital setting, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patient care focus
- Medical and Dental:
- Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Appreciation Programs
- Leads coordination of care for each patient daily with a shift huddle, ongoing communication throughout each shift and by direct oversight of the STRIVE team.
- Assist other team members, including nurses and CNA’s, in their work as necessary and as directed by the management team.
- Coordinate with other departments to enhance patient care.
- Provide input and ideas on improvement to nurses and managers, including informing managers regarding any care or personnel issues as appropriate.
- Never says “not my patient” or “not my job”.
- Customer service focus to meet daily needs of patients and anticipate upcoming needs. Does not leave an issue unresolved and sees issues through to resolution.
- Positive attitude, no negativity or gossip.
- Greet and acknowledge all patients and visitors at every encounter.
- 5-Star approach to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Must be a critical thinker and able to make concrete clinical decisions.
- General knowledge of short-term rehabilitation goals and objectives.
- Able to educate family and patients on diagnosis, medications, and other clinical services.
- Capable of initiating and updating care plans as a part of the day to day patient care.
- Requires the ability to do detailed work correctly and function under and handle stress.
- CPR certified. Capable and comfortable with all additional nursing equipment.
- Basic understanding of therapy equipment and modalities.