Transportation Manager 40-55K DOE
Bretz RV Boise, ID
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is one of a kind on our dealership team. Our Transportation Manager is responsible for making sure customers get their new RVs and Boats moved from one location to another when buying online. The person in this role will primarily work from home, but will have some onsite responsibilities at the location. In this role you get to work with our driving teams to coordinate moves between our dealerships, auction yards, and customer's homes. The Transportation Manager is also responsible for tracking and coordinating required maintenance and repair service on the company towing fleet. The workdays are fast-paced, and you are rewarded for excellent customer service. Bretz RV & Marine cares about their employees. We offer health insurance, 401(k) with employer match, employee discounts, and campers may be borrowed for personal use.Requirements
- Great Communication Skills
- Being able to talk with and email between team members keeps everyone on the same page with what needs to be done and what has been completed
- Computer Skills: Email, Spreadsheets, Video Calls
- Tracking hundreds of moves each month requires good computer skills. Shared spreadsheets allow everyone to stay in the know. Video calls are becoming more important as we build our teams and ensure safety training takes place as needed.
- Get it done attitude with a team mindset
- There is never going to be two days the same. We have to have a team mindset focused on achieving the mission of helping families go camping. These families don't get together and agree to spread our workload evenly... Knowing this we have to work together to help as many of them as possible within our teams capabilities.
- Problem solving skills
- Working with equipment there will be times where it breaks down. Even with late model, nice cars and trucks, this tends to happen in the least convenient locations. We have to be resourceful in finding solutions that keep units moving and our teams safe.
- Must hold a current, valid, driver’s license.
- Yep, pretty important
- Clean driving record
- Yep, pretty important too
- Communicate with dealership management and drivers about units that need transported
- Manage the maintenance needs of the tow fleet by setting up service appointments, transporting vehicles to/from service facilities, checking oil levels, tire pressure, trailer wiring connections, etc. on a regular basis while maintaining service logs for company vehicle fleet.
- Inspect their vehicle(s) before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
- Keep their truck, tow car, motorhome and/or associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite navigation.
- Schedule hotel reservations, airfare, etc. for extended travel situations.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Fill up with fuel, check engine fluids, clean truck, wash windows.
- Keep records of vehicles transported and expenses incurred along the trip.
- Assist with the setup/tear down of road shows as necessary.
- Help park and set up retail customer’s RV’s if the dealership has agreed to set upon delivery.
This position requires the physical ability to hook up towing equipment, attach tow vehicles to trailers, change a flat tire, etc. Should be capable of lifting up to 80 pounds.
We have dealerships in Missoula MT, Billings MT, Boise ID, and Nampa ID
Powered by JazzHR
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Bretz RV