Responsible for supporting and carrying out the administration and management of Nursing Services and adheres to quality standards of care in accordance with current Federal, State and company standards. In absence of the Director of Nursing, assumes the responsibility for clinical operations. The position conducts the nursing process – assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation – under the scope of the State’s Nurse Practice Act.
• Currently licensed as RN/LVN in the state practiced.
• Associate or Bachelor Degree from an accredited nursing school required.
• Five years in long-term or acute health care preferred; At least 2 years nursing supervisory experience required.
• Coordinates plans for the total care of each resident which comply with physician’s orders, governmental regulations and facility resident care policies.
• Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
• Participates in all admissions decisions, and may visit prospective residents before admissions, as needed.
• Participates in daily and weekly management team meetings to discuss resident status, census changes, personnel, or resident complaints or concerns.
• Ensures delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing supervision as evidence by adequate services and staff coverage, absence of odors, general cleanliness, prevention of pressure wounds, and apparent maintenance of optimal resident functions.