Director of Food and Beverage
Brentwood Country Club Brentwood, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Brentwood Country Club is seeking an experienced Food and Beverage Director. The ideal candidate will have tenured knowledge and experience working in private club food and beverage operations. He or She will possess the leadership skills necessary to foster the development of the management team, service expectations, and overall member experience at Brentwood Country Club. The position offers the opportunity for professional growth in private club management.
Responsible for all food and beverage production and service for the club. Plans and implements budgets, hires, trains, and supervises subordinates and assures that the wants and needs of club members, family, and guests are consistently exceeded.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, CORE COMPETENCIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Build a team, train, and maintain employee teams.
- Excellent oral, written, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Food and beverage cost controls and operating procedures.
- Effective communication through all department levels and throughout club.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Polished, professional appearance, and presentation.
- Menu design.
- Marketing and promotions.
- Wine, spirits, and bar operations.
- Point-of-sales systems.
- Manage stress and time.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform the required role during emergency situations.
- Assures effective orientation and training of new staff and ongoing training and professional development of experienced staff are implemented.
- Develops an operating budget for each department's revenue outlets, monitors, and takes corrective action as necessary, so goals are attained.
- Make specific corrections and recommendations necessary for optimum performance of the Food and Beverage Department.
- Manages long range staffing needs for each Food and Beverage department.
- Assures all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for growth and cost controls are in place.
- Develops ongoing training for food production, service, and bar production personnel.
- Assures all safety, sanitation, and preventative maintenance standards are consistently met.
- Complete daily inspections of Food and Beverage Departments including the kitchen, storeroom, and other areas under control.
- Implement programs and policies to ensure compliance with prescribed methods and standards.
- Helps plan internal marketing and promotions with each department head.
- Approves the menus proposed by the Executive Chef for all outlets and special events.
- Greets members and guests and oversees service on a routine and random basis.
- Helps plan and approves the organizational chart and staffing and scheduling plans.
- Monitors employee records to minimize overtime and keep labor costs within budget.
- Research new products and evaluates their cost and profit benefits.
- Direct Food and Beverage Department meetings covering all necessary subjects pertaining to the proper function of the department including events, operational problems, and changes in policies and procedures.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in private member owned clubs
- Experience with planning and implementing facility renovations highly preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary Range $85,000 – $95,000 + performance-based bonus
- Full benefits package available including:
- Health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance-, short- and long-term disability.
- 401k – 100% match up to 3%
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- CMAA National and Chapter membership dues and education
FOOD AND BEVERAGE OPERATION:
The food and beverage operation at Brentwood Country Club includes multiple dining outlets. The Oak Room is the Club's main family dining room with seating for up to 120, including an attached bar, covered terrace, and a private dining room with seating for an additional 14 guests. The Smokehouse Room is the Club's most recently renovated dining outlet. This beautiful intimate dining space contains 20 seats and an exclusive Smokehouse menu. The Men's Grill seats up to 50 and consists of a full-service bar, dining area, remote workspace, and has an attached turn window that services members during golf play. The Club's pool facility is located across the street from the Clubhouse and includes a full-service bar and snack bar kitchen, which operates seasonally. Private-party venues include two larger rooms with total combined seating for up to 150 and two smaller meeting rooms with a seating capacity of 40 each. The combined banquet space can accommodate up to 250 guests for a cocktail style event. Annual food and beverage revenues total $1.7M. The Club's Banquet business consists of 40% of this revenue. Budgeted food cost is currently set at 46%, and beverage cost is set at 35%. Total food and beverage labor are currently budgeted at $1.2M and include all staff and dining outlets. There is a total of 30 full-time and 8 part-time staff within the department.
Brentwood Country Club, located in Brentwood, Tennessee, just ten miles south of Nashville. The clubhouse and golf course are set on 215 acres in the middle of the Brentwood Country Club neighborhood, a community consisting of 193 resident homes, of which 101 are members. The clubhouse was originally named ‘Midway Mansion' and was built by the McGavock family in 1847.
Today, Brentwood Country Club is host to a breathtaking 18-hole golf course, historic clubhouse with full service-dining, fitness facility, and pool complex. There are two membership categories: Golf and Social. The current membership count is at 600, with a maximum of 625. Brentwood Country Club is open year-round with a two-week shut down at the beginning of January.