Privately real estate investment firm headquartered in Rosemont, IL seeks a full-time Property Administrator to join our expanding team in our Rosemont office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners. Our current portfolio spans 30 states and encompasses over 46 million square feet, and our organization demonstrates a proven track record as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and vision for the future.
Under the general supervision of the Midwest Region’s Managing Principal (MP) and day-to-day direction of the Property Managers, the Property Administrator (PA) will collaborate with the operations, accounting and leasing teams to help manage a portfolio of assets located in the Midwest Region. The PA will be responsive to customer, investor, and lender needs while completing multiple administrative tasks daily. The position will be fast-paced, requiring the PA to handle time-sensitive and/or confidential issues.
- Upon lease execution, enter new lease terms in MRI. Complete a move-in checklist, prepare welcome books with the property manager, and assist with customer onboarding.
- Coordinate annual customer surveys by assisting in the preparation of the survey, delivery of surveys to customers, follow-up on customers’ completion of the survey, and tracking/disseminating results.
- Arrange for utility transfers upon acquisition and/or disposition of an asset; also, arrange for transfers upon customer move out or move in.
- Contact existing customers and vendors to obtain current insurance coverage, any on-going required maintenance contracts, and emergency contact lists.
- Assist property managers in inputting estimated monthly operating expenses into MRI.
- Assemble accounts receivable reports, general ledgers, rent rolls, and aging reports for property managers’ review.
- Review expense coding prior to property managers’ approval. Review vendor monthly statements and request outstanding invoices for processing.
- Assist property managers and maintenance technicians with coordination of customer repair requests.
- Assist with customer relation activities (email blasts, events, gifts, surveys, etc.).
- Complete expense reports for property managers in Avid and collaborate with the Accounting department for processing and approval.
- Assist property managers with vendor contract preparation and manage/organize the completed documents.
- Collaborate with property managers to process lender funding packages for capital projects, tenant improvements, commissions, etc.
- Collaborate with operations team on property tax appeal documentation and other administrative tasks related to property tax appeals.
- Assist property managers on CAM reconciliations, annual budgets, billing adjustments, and any other necessary schedules.
- All other administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Requires three years’ experience in Administration or related field and/or training.
- Ability to carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Execute responsibilities with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Ability to collaborate with operations, accounting and leasing team members to complete various projects and assignments.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to communicate via email with customers, vendors, and internal team members.
- Ability to use computer software and web-based applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks daily with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Good record keeping of property improvement projects to assist property manager in scheduling and payment processing.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Positive, proactive work ethic and approach.
- College degree preferred.
- Property administrative and/or property management experience preferred.
- Experience with lender draws preferred.
- Experience with Avid and/or MRI preferred.
Compensation/Benefits: Our comprehensive benefits offerings include highly competitive compensation (with annual bonus), full medical benefits, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with employer match.
Brennan Investment Group
Why Work Here?Brennan Investment Group is a Chicago-based private real estate investment firm which acquires, develops, and operates industrial properties in select major metropolitan markets throughout the United States. Brennan owns and manages an industrial portfolio with a market value in excess of $4 billion. Our current portfolio spans 30 states and encompasses over 45 million square feet.
We are a successful and dynamic business with a spirited and entrepreneurial environment. We like it here!