Junior Property Administrator
Brennan Investment Group Indianapolis, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life_insurance, medical
Privately real estate investment firm headquartered near Chicago, IL seeks a Junior Property Administrator to join our expanding team in our Indianapolis office. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the real estate industry for one of the top 20 global industrial real estate owners. Our current portfolio spans 30 states and encompasses over 46 million square feet, and our organization demonstrates a proven track record as well as an entrepreneurial spirit and vision for the future.
Under the general supervision of the Midwest Region’s Managing Principal and day-to-day direction of the Senior Property Manager (Sr. PM), the Junior Property Administrator (Jr. PA) will provide administrative support to the Senior Property Manager and coordinate with the accounting and leasing teams to help manage a portfolio of assets located in the Indianapolis region. The Jr. PA will be responsive to tenant and lender needs while completing multiple administrative tasks daily.
- Upon lease execution, enter new lease terms in MRI. Complete a move-in checklist, prepare welcome books with the property manager, and assist with customer onboarding.
- Coordinate annual customer surveys by assisting in the preparation of the survey, delivery of surveys to customers, follow-up on customers’ completion of the survey, and tracking/disseminating results.
- Arrange for utility transfers upon acquisition and/or disposition of an asset; also, arrange for transfers upon customer move out or move in.
- Contact existing customers and vendors to obtain current insurance coverage, any on-going required maintenance contracts, and emergency contact lists.
- Assist Sr. PM in inputting estimated monthly operating expenses into MRI.
- Assemble accounts receivable reports, general ledgers, rent rolls, and aging reports for Sr. PM’s review.
- Review expense coding prior to Sr. PM’s approval. Review vendor monthly statements and request outstanding invoices for processing.
- Assist Sr. PM and Maintenance Technician with coordination of customer repair requests.
- Assist with customer relation activities (email blasts, events, gifts, surveys, etc.).
- Complete expense reports for property manager in Avid and collaborate with the Accounting department for processing and approval.
- Assist Sr. PM with vendor contract preparation and manage/organize the completed documents.
- Collaborate with Sr. PM to process lender funding packages for capital projects, tenant improvements, commissions, etc.
- Collaborate with operations team on property tax appeal documentation and other administrative tasks related to property tax appeals.
- Assist Sr. PM on CAM reconciliations, annual budgets, billing adjustments, and any other necessary schedules.
- All other administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Requires one year’s experience in an administrative support role.
- Ability to carry out specific oral and written instructions.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Execute responsibilities with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Ability to collaborate with operations, accounting and leasing team members to complete various projects and assignments.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to communicate via email with customers, vendors, and internal team members.
- Ability to use computer software and web-based applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks daily with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines.
- Good record keeping of property improvement projects to assist property manager in scheduling and payment processing.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Positive, proactive work ethic and approach.
- College degree preferred.
- Property administrative experience preferred.
- Experience with lender draws preferred.
- Experience with Avid and/or MRI preferred.
Compensation/Benefits: Our comprehensive benefits offerings include highly competitive compensation (with annual bonus), full medical benefits, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with employer match.
Brennan Investment GroupWhy Work Here?
We are a successful and dynamic business with a spirited and entrepreneurial environment. We like it here!
Brennan Investment Group is a Chicago-based private real estate investment firm which acquires, develops, and operates industrial properties in select major metropolitan markets throughout the United States. Brennan owns and manages an industrial portfolio with a market value in excess of $4 billion. Our current portfolio spans 30 states and encompasses over 45 million square feet.