Material Handler/Warehouse Maintenance
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
THE IMPORTANT WORK YOU WILL BE DOING
The Material Handler/Warehouse Maintenance is responsible for performing the physical tasks involved in the loading/unloading, storing, tracking, and distributing of products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment for BMG. Pulls and fills orders. May use (but not limited to) power equipment such as a forklift, hand tools, and other devices operated in a warehouse environment. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Examines, stocks, and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines. This is a non-driving position.
WHO YOU ARE
You can load and unload materials and supplies between vendors, company warehouses, and job sites. You can pull and move materials to staging areas or loads on transportation vehicles. You can maintain warehouse housekeeping duties and maintenance tasks. You must be able to adhere to and inspect quality control, Company Safety and Health rules, OSHA regulations, and all other applicable federal and state regulations, and the Employee Handbook. You can ensure accurate inventory, records, and organization of materials. You adhere to all Company safety policies and procedures and wear proper safety equipment as required. You perform and take direction, including other incidental and related duties, as required by your direct supervisor, as well as, other associated supervisors and managers.
WHAT YOU BRING
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Tile and stone experience preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds of materials and supplies.
- Experience with machinery and equipment (i.e., forklift, cranes, A-frames, etc.) preferred.
- Individual must be able to read and comprehend English to understand work instructions and must have the ability to work well with others with little supervision.
- Must be an effective team member; possess positive attitude of cooperation and collaboration with clients and Brekhus Tile & Stone/Brekhus Marble & Granite personnel.
- Willingness to adapt to and accept constructive feedback.
- Flexibility and willingness to assume new duties/responsibilities as necessary to respond to fluctuating work hours directed by project/production needs.
- Ability to multi-task between various warehouse duties.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Facility & Auto Fleet maintenance
- Daily forklift preventative maintenance checks
- General yards clean up (Parking lot, slab yards)
- Material handling
- Inventory maintenance
- Assisting other shop personnel on various projects
- Clean production floor to eliminate possible hazards
- Assist to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials
- Receive instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs
- Distribute tools and other items for use and return them to the appropriate locations, according to plans
- Equipment inventory for tools, machinery, or equipment
- Equipment cleanliness once tools are returned from jobsites
- Load and/or unload cargo by hand, pallet jack or forklift
- Sort and place cargo in appropriate location
- Carry needed tools, equipment, and supplies from storage to jobsite and return them after use as needed
- Empty Recyclables and trash daily from offices and warehouse as directed to appropriate recycling location and/or trash receptacle
- Other duties as needed to meet Operations and Production requirements
YOUR WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must repetitively lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The duties of this job are performed in warehouse, office, and jobsite environments, thereby experiencing some minor to moderate level of noise due to office and machine equipment. May require extended hours to meet customer's needs.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Prevailing Wage (determined by select government projects)
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance and HSA option
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, and other Supplemental Insurance options
- 401K Contribution Plan
Brekhus will not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, and sex stereotypes including: gender identity and transgender status, color, religion, national
origin, disability, military status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
Only Qualified Applicants with Contact Information will be Considered
We are one of a few fabricators in Colorado to offer a full service operation in order to meet all client needs – all of which include designing, supplying material, fabricating and installing for both residential and commercial projects.
Our portfolio includes many of Denver's most recognizable landmarks such as Denver Union Station, Coors Field, The Ralph Carr Justice Center and Denver International Airport among many others.
BrekhusWhy Work Here?
Brekhus takes pride in fostering a culture of Safety, Quality & Teamwork.
Brekhus Tile & Stone is a family-owned tile and stone installation contractor based in Denver, Colorado. Founded in 1999, Brekhus excels at complex, custom, high-end stone and tile installation projects that present distinct technical challenges. We are one of a few fabricators in Colorado to offer a full service operation in order to meet all client needs – all of which include designing, supplying material, fabricating and installing for both residential and commercial projects. Our portfolio includes many of Denver's most recognizable landmarks such as Denver Union Station, Coors Field, The Ralph Carr Justice Center and Denver International Airport among many others.
860 S Jason St DenverDenver, CO
Transportation and Storage