Associate Family Law Attorney
- Expired: February 28, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Breeden Law Office
Do you believe in the power of effective attorneys to improve the lives of children and families? Do you want to use your law degree and personal experience to stand up for your clients and to make a real difference in their lives? If you do, then you share our vision, and we want to speak with you.
Breeden Law's Vision:
At Breeden Law Office, our mission is to use the law to be a voice for our clients, an advocate for children's long-term best interests, and to offer North Carolina families a brighter future. We believe that every family should enjoy a home free from fear, anxiety, and uncertainty, and we know from experience that skilled representation can help achieve those goals.
Breeden Law Office is a growing family law firm based in Garner, North Carolina and serving families in Johnston, Wake, and Harnett Counties. We are passionate about helping our clients move from challenging circumstances to bright futures, and about using the legal process to make children's lives better.
We are hiring an associate family law attorney to help us serve our clients with compassion and skill.
Our associate attorneys enjoy a balance between autonomous management of an independent caseload and guidance as they develop and hone the knowledge and skills that make a real difference for our clients.
Our founding attorney, Jonathan D. Breeden, has been practicing law in Garner for over 20 years and was named to the December 2022 Lawyers Weekly Power List in Family Law. He is actively involved in the firm's day to day management and sets the tone for our work for North Carolina families.
What We Offer:
- The chance to make a positive difference in people's lives
- Competitive compensation with a bonus structure
- The chance to design and advance your career according to your priorities
- Clear KPIs and work standards
- Considerable autonomy to manage an independent caseload
- Exposure to a wide range of family law issues and case types
- A supportive team that is invested in clients' welfare and attorneys' success
- Health insurance
- Retirement program with company match
- Generous PTO plan
- Company-paid malpractice insurance
- Company-paid professional development programs, including 12 continuing legal education credits annually
- Company-paid NC Bar licensing fees
- A complimentary subscription to RightNow Media @ Work
- Monthly car allowance for mileage and parking fees
- Flexibility and work-life balance/hybrid working model with potential work-from-home opportunities
- Company provided laptop
- Current technology to facilitate productivity
Job Type: Full-time
The hiring range for this position is $80,000 - $120,000 depending on qualifications and experience
Get to know us: Firm Values:
Behind every case is a person trying to improve his or her life. Each client chose us, and we should be worthy of their trust. Our risks are for their benefit; we appreciate the larger picture of their lives and always strive to do the right thing. We're more than competent lawyers. We're what our clients need us to be.
Working with our clients and their families energizes us. It's the fuel for our work and why we put maximum effort into every case. We're ready to run through walls if they're in a client's way. It's this boldness and enthusiasm that lets us overcome the seemingly insurmountable, find solutions others don't see and deliver exceptional results when it truly counts.
Recognizing and understanding where our clients are coming from is critical. We take a proactive interest in their concerns, welfare, and perspective. We do this by listening and anticipating their needs whenever possible. This fosters attorney-client collaboration, transparency, and comfort in what's likely a very tumultuous time.
We embrace who we are and empower our clients to do the same. Our entire firm conducts itself according to high ethical and professional standards. Our advice is honest and straightforward, and clients are always in the loop regarding their cases.
- Provide a first-class client service experience by being responsive, proactive, and caring.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with clients and legal team members.
- Assist clients by understanding their needs, explaining their legal options, and collaborating with them to create strategies that serve their interests.
- Draft legal documents such as pleadings, motions, marital settlement agreements, contracts, judgments, and orders for a high volume of cases with supervision from an experienced attorney in a team-oriented environment.
- Maintain the firm's high standards for client communication, client service, and legal ethics at all times.
- Be honest and compassionate toward people who are experiencing trying life circumstances.
- Separate legal issues from emotions in order to serve clients' best interests.
- Work well in a team-oriented atmosphere where we all get along and work together to achieve client, firm, and personal goals.
- Follow established legal and office processes accurately and on time.
- Meet firm and legal deadlines.
- Possession of a valid North Carolina law license. (We can help you get sworn in, but you must have the license in hand.)
- At least 3 years of successful experience practicing family law in North Carolina (with experience practicing in Wake County strongly preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively, specifically in situations when emotions and stress are high.
- A demonstrated interest in representing clients in mediation and, when necessary, at trial.
- A commitment to helping children and families.
- Ability to manage some independent cases and to assist senior attorneys
- Ability to meet clear, established work standards for time keeping, client communication, document production, and case management.
- Professional, friendly demeanor that is an asset to the positive workplace culture we've worked hard to build.
- Ability to handle cases in Johnston, Wake, and Harnett Counties.
- Valid North Carolina Notary Public, or ability to obtain it immediately.
- Three professional references.
About Breeden Law Office
Breeden Law Office is a fast-growing family law firm based in Garner, North Carolina and serving Johnston, Harnett, and Wake Counties. We prioritize excellent service and strong advocacy for our clients. Protecting the welfare of children and the long-term best interest of our clients is our goal in all phases of representation. We bring small-town values and big-city practice standards to create a great work environment and an outstanding experience for our clients.
Breeden Law Office
Get fresh Family LAW Attorney jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.