The Human Resources Manager maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices, and engages in compliance policy and procedure development and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Human Resources management at Towa International to report relevant human resources information and implement Towa’s personnel-related initiatives.
- Work with department managers to assure that job descriptions for all positions are updated on a periodic basis and they are created upfront for any potential new positions in the budget.
- Establish and carry out a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program, including management of the recruiting process, counseling managers on candidate selection, and performing reference and background checks.
- Manage new personnel on-boarding, including conducting orientation programs, new personnel training, benefits on-boarding, and recommending changes to the on-boarding process.
- Manage personnel off-boarding, including conducting and analyzing exit interviews, benefits off-boarding and recommending changes to the off-boarding process.
- Work closely with department managers, the Vice President of Finance and Administration, and the President to prepare and maintain employee compensation budgets and conduct compensation reviews.
- Work with managers, the Vice President of Finance and Administration and the President to calculate and approve bonus calculations and salary increases and coordinate communication of the same to employees via department heads.
- Manage and prepare bi-weekly payroll via the Paychex system, including reviewing and incorporating time data for non-exempt employees.
- Manage and prepare monthly 401(k) employee deferral and company match submissions and compliance testing via the company’s 401(k) plan administrator.
- Manage annual and on-going employee benefit plan selection and operations, including obtaining, reviewing and analyzing competing bids and providing analyses and recommendations to senior management; assessing benefits trends; processing benefits claims; and making other recommendations to senior management.
- Design and conduct educational programs for existing and prospective employees regarding benefit plans and programs, including the creation of a summary e-brochure.
- Maintain paid time off (PTO) accruals for all employees, and coordinate with hiring managers periodically throughout year to assure proper management of PTO benefits.
- Prepare and provide periodic headcount and other reporting, as required.
- Manage annual performance review process for all employees.
- Assure that employee information is kept current in all repositories and systems.
- Manage employee training programs in coordination with, and as required by, the Legal/Compliance Departments and Towa International, including developing, scheduling, conducting and tracking training events and assisting the Legal/Compliance Departments and Towa International in such activities.
- Train managers to coach and discipline employees; where necessary, work with managers to develop performance improvement plans; schedule management conferences with employees as needed; hear and resolve employee grievances; counsel employees and supervisors.
- In coordination with Legal/Compliance Departments, ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource laws and regulations.
- In conjunction with the Legal/Compliance Departments, conduct internal investigations regarding human resources matters.
- Work with the Legal/Compliance Departments to prepare, update, and recommend human resource policies and procedures, including the company’s Employee Handbook; review such policies and procedures annually and more frequently if necessary due to changes in law.
- Maintain and manage personnel files and other human resources records.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Develop and implement a diversity program.
- Other tasks, projects and analyses as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with hiring, human resources management, benefits administration, performance management, communication processes, compensation and wage structure, classifying employees, laws and regulations pertaining to employment (including anti-discrimination laws), personnel organization, employee training, policy/process development and implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 5+ years of prior
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and guidance
Why Work Here?
Small, entrepreneurial environment, opportunity for someone to shape the HR department