The Sales Representative is responsible for maximizing the sales of supplier brands to the trade through effective territory planning, selling, merchandising and communication that enables the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
This position will service our on premise wine customers in our Greenville market.
- Strategizes/preplans on how best to achieve sales and merchandising objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
- Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by creating an established and efficient routing pattern.
- Analyzes entire account base by visiting each account and identifying opportunities; completes all necessary surveys and ensures national account compliance where applicable.
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs to include selling display ideas, new products, cold box, shelf, well and back bar placements and resets, drink and wine lists, and promotions.
- Understands and works with management on inventory levels by being aware of current inventory and out of stock situations and by alerting management to possible fluctuations in demand.
- Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume and activity goals of supplier brands as set by management.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Maintains product levels in accounts by taking inventory and restocking shelves (where legally permissable).
- Obtains payments for company by collecting and delivering checks or other remittance from accounts where legally permissible.
- Educates account staff on priority brands by administering educational staff training seminars.
- Supports account openings by developing opening orders for new accounts in collaboration with Field Sales Manager.
- Manages customer account receivables by timely processing of credits and returns and communicating with accounts on aged receivables.
- Services accounts by delivering products to customers in extenuating circumstances, handling customer issues and complaints and referring these issues, as appropriate to management.
- Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work with sales calls, and sales blitzes.
- Remains informed of company/supplier activities and updates by attending and actively participating in weekly sales meetings.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, SFA).
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
- An understanding of wine and/or spirits is required with related channel experience preferred.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with ability to use diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be a detail and results-oriented, deadline-driven professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team.
- Strong accounting skills, and proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software.
- Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
- The position requires the use of a personal motor vehicle and a valid driver's license.
Physical Demands of Job:
- Carrying and lifting 45-65 pounds
- Overhead and immediate reaching to perform various duties
- Standing and walking for periods of time to perform various duties
- Squatting or bending to perform various duties as assigned
Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.