Director of High School/Post-Secondary Education
Breakthrough Urban Ministries Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Director of High School/Post-Secondary Education
FLSA: Exempt; Full-Time
Location: Breakthrough-FamilyPlex 3219 W. Carroll Avenue Chicago, IL 60624
The Director of High School/Post-Secondary will lead the team to provide
high quality supports and programs aimed at local high school and college-
aged youth (14-24 years old) to promote skills to live prosperous and
productive adult lives. Recognizing that the needs of this population vary
greatly in Garfield Park, programs and services will be multifaceted to reach
all local youth.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
● Lead High School Hangout Outreach Night.
● Lead weekly skill building programs for high school teens.
● Create and manage teen employment programs, both internal and external.
● Host monthly learning webinars for college-aged youth.
● Manage college student mentoring program.
● Host annual internship and apprenticeship fair.
● Build apprenticeship/trade partnerships with local partners.
● Build professional internship program.
● Plan and implement annual college summer retreat.
● Supervise high school and post-secondary coordinators.
● Collaborate with arts, tech and sports directors to provide services for high school and post-secondary youth.
● Manage annual program budget.
● Manage Breakthrough college scholarship fund.
● Collaborate with the Behavioral Health team to refer students and families in crisis.
● Collaborate with Violence Prevention team to reach the most vulnerable students.
Master’s degree in education, social work, ministry, or another human services field is preferred; Minimum of 5 years of experience with urban teens is required; or a combination of related work experience and college course work. Candidate should possess working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefit package including: paid time off, group health benefits, free fitness center membership, employee discounts and more.
Send/email/fax cover letter and resume to:
Breakthrough Urban Ministries Attn: H.R. 402 N. St. Louis Avenue Chicago, IL 60624
Fax: (773) 722-1434
All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factors. If a reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact us via the telephone number listed above. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
Breakthrough Urban MinistriesWhy Work Here?
Mission and Core Value driven organization.
Breakthrough partners with those affected by poverty to build connections, develop skills and open doors of opportunity. Our mission begins and ends with people.
3219 W Carroll Avenue ChicagoChicago, IL
EducationView all jobs at Breakthrough Urban Ministries