Sales Representative Entry Level
Breakaway Consultants Wilmington, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking to promote a green way of life? Our client, a high energy, fast growing energy efficiency company, known for their integrity and stewardship, is looking for an Energy Sales Specialist for the Wilmington and surrounding area.
They provide their utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Energy Sales Specialist is primarily responsible for completing walk through energy efficiency assessments, the installation of energy efficiency equipment and products, and for deepening customer awareness of and participation in rebate programs and the Utility’s energy efficiency program. They are also responsible for responding to general customer inquiries regarding utility services they receive and for directing the customer to the appropriate contact at the utility company. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
This role is a great way to get your foot in the door with a thriving organization in the green industry! Strong potential for growth and career advancement!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel locally to appointments to install energy efficiency equipment in commercial & industrial facilities, small businesses and/or residences
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency
- Deliver professional, high quality services to utility customers
- Complete walk through energy assessments of properties that identify key natural gas and electric saving opportunities (all living space, basement, attic, and exterior perimeter of building)
- Install energy saving devices including energy efficiency lighting, programmable thermostats and hot water saving devices
- Build quick rapport with utility customers. Initiate conversations with customers regarding energy usage.
- Clearly explain and articulate energy assessment findings to building owner including explanation of energy efficiency rebates
- Respond to general utility customer service inquiries and explain other energy rebate offerings and services to customers during home visit.
- Assist Marketing team as directed in with participation in larger trade show and seminar events.
- Actively identify and recommend ways to improve program operations and delivery
- Continuously drive improvements in quality, customer satisfaction and productivity
- Accurately complete and maintain all required paperwork, records and documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
- Available to work evening and weekend hours as needed
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- One to three years of experience preferably in basic wiring, lighting, HVAC, troubleshooting and/or other technologies installed in commercial/residential applications.
- One to two years of previous customer service/sales experience required.
- Experience in installing technologies, manual labor and using tools – Preferred
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and comfortable entering data into tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees; Skilled in explaining basic technical concepts to non-technical population
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel locally approximately 75% of the time
Breakaway ConsultantsWhy Work Here?
Exciting company, entrepreneurial spirit and a great culture!