Industrial Engineer - Labor Management Systems
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client, is a leader in Retail Distribution and has a rich and colorful history of continuous improvement and innovation. They have a nationwide presence in the retail and pharmaceutical space, and have a need for a Sr. Industrial Engineer, who is looking for a company that offers growth with an incredible culture.
The Industrial Engineer, specifically, this role is responsible for managing a team of Industrial Engineers and Analysts maintaining and implementing Engineered Labor Standards for several distribution centers and supporting the overall program. Accountable for reporting, training, and gain share tracking within the Distribution Center. Knowledge of Blue Yonder, JDA Software or Red Prairie or similar software implementation is required.
This role will initiate a company wide change to labor efficiency, distribution, and DC management for this region, also, this role will be highly visible within the company.
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing Engineered Labor Standards for assigned Distribution Center. Continually monitors and analyzes existing processes to ensure opportunities for improvement are identified and analyzed for return on investment.
- Accountable for the labor management system changes and updates. Identifies operational improvements influencing one or more Distribution Centers.
- Manages team whose daily tasks are to ensure data is accurate and supporting the Distribution Center and HR staff with LMS issues, questions, and training.
- Support the rollout of the LMS in home Distribution Center, and other Distribution Center within the network. May require travel for length of time while supporting the implementation.
- Work in alignment with other Distribution Center I.E. and Distribution Center leadership on LMS system changes, gain share program, and tracking programs financials working with the Finance team.
- Partners with Distribution Center management and LEAN team to identify, implement and support process improvement projects by focusing on cost-reduction and improvements in safety and quality. Creates and recommends optimal solutions that meet the needs of the senior management or business leaders.
- Partners with Distribution Center management by participating in lean process improvement and safety improvement activities. Participates in daily management planning meetings and long-term operational planning. Provides advice, analysis, and recommendations to Distribution Center management to assist in the planning, implementation and design of process improvements or process changes.
- Responsible for the development of engineered solutions that improve cost productivity, inventory productivity, product availability, or safety in the supply chain. Accountable for achieving these goals through the utilization of discrete labor standards, lean / Six Sigma, and other Industrial Engineering methods to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Oversees the application of policies and procedures in compliance with company and government regulatory rules and policies for their area of responsibility.
- Investigate various sources of information to identify best practices and benchmarks for operational processes.
· Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering and at least 2-3 years of experience in Distribution Fulfillment Center or Manufacturing, Pharmacy, Distribution, or Supply Chain Engineering environment; OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years in Manufacturing, Pharmacy, Distribution, or Supply Chain Engineering.
· At least 2 years of experience working in a continuous improvement role in a Manufacturing, Distribution, or Supply Chain environment.
· At least 2 years of experience in calculating and managing discrete labor standards using PMTS, MOST and/or MSD.
· Experience in using Labor Management System such as Blue Yonder/JDA/Red Prairie.
· Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel to calculate and track labor management standards (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
· At least 1 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
· Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Breakaway ConsultantsWhy Work Here?
Great culture, tons of training and unlimited growth potential
Breakaway Consultants is an executive search firm that represents many industries across the nation.We pride ourselves in finding the rigth fit for employees and employers.