Breakaway Consultants (a leading executive search firm) is currently conducting a search engagement for a Medical Sales Representative for a safety medical device company. Specifically, we are in search of a medical sales rep that has worked with the surrounding IDNs and GPOs.
One of the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare safety supplies in the US our client has an immediate opening for a creative, enthusiastic, and dedicated Medical Sales Professioanl to join their medical sales team in Baltimore and the surrounding area. We are seeking a dynamic, hard-working professional with a background in b2b sales, medical sales, especially knowledge of the IDNs and a desire to work for a fast-paced, large corporate organization.
Responsibilities for the Medical Device Rep include but are not limited to:
· Growing and developing a territory of residual based medical supplies in assigned territory of hospitals, IDNs and GPOs;
· Building relationships and developing a customer base of the local hospitals, IDNS and GPOs;
· Making new calls on a daily basis to develop new customers;
· Working with manufacturers to present products to the physician community;
· Acting as point person/ project manager on company roll out of products
· Prepare and deliver quotations for product;
· Develop long term relationships with customer base;
· Prepare and maintain a territory plan;
· Create a grow a residual base of customers in the alternate site marketplace;
· Train and learn new items to present to customers and explain the medical and fiscal benefits
· Bachelor’s degree required;
· 5 years plus outside sales or account management experience (preferably in the medical supplies and/ interacting and dealing with IDNs and GPOs.
· Background in commissioned, tangible product sales required;
· Track record of demonstrable sales growth and quota attainment;
· Ability to present multiple product lines;
· Excellent communication and organizational skills;
· Stable work history;
· Computer proficiency especially in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Due to the nature of an outside sales representative position, the ability to drive a car, travel in that car 90% of each day, and interact with healthcare providers on site is required.
We offer an entrepreneurial work environment with strong growth potential; a competitive compensation package; a complete benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance; 401(k) with company match and much more!