We are helping our client, a leading provider of energy efficiency products and services, to look for an experienced software development professional in the Boulder area. This systems developer will join a team currently implementing best-in-class systems as a base for future business growth, with specific focus on integrating these platforms into processes with customers, vendors, and other third-party partners.
The Lead Developer is primarily responsible for helping meet the business needs of the company by collaborating with our software teams to build-out platforms. The incumbent has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the industry, and advanced technical aptitude in a multitude of technologies. The Lead Developer works within a team environment. You will also be working with others who are passionate about grid optimization and making a positive impact on the industry.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience of OO PHP development
- Ability to write and debug MySQL queries (change and create tables/ and efficiently access the database)
- Experience working within an MVC architecture
- Experience using version control systems (Subversion)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong background in object-oriented PHP, MySQL, software engineering, design patterns, and Agile methodology
- Capable of problem solving and has superior communication skills.
- Knowledge of jQuery, CSS, and HTML is preferred
- Experience with Zend Framework is preferred
- Knowledge of using the Linux command-line is preferred