Who we are
At Brazen, we believe everyone deserves a job they love. Including you. If you're in search of a job you love, then you've come to the right place.
Brazen is a fast growing, venture-backed SaaS startup in Arlington, VA (but location doesn't matter, we are looking for a best-in-class product marketing manager, independent of location).
We are fundamentally changing the way professionals find new opportunities and employers connect with job seekers. If the idea of working for a rapidly growing SaaS start-up in a fast-paced environment sounds like the challenge and opportunity you're looking for, read on.
What we do
Our virtual event platform offers employers, universities, workforce development organizations, and associations an innovative way to connect, engage, and chat with their stakeholders. Organizations like CVS Health, Deloitte, KPMG, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman and dozens of colleges and universities leverage our technology everyday to change the way they bring people together and communicate.
What we're looking for
As a product marketing manager, you are responsible for making sure both internal and external audiences fully understand what our products are, how they are used and what value and ROI they bring to users/customers.
This role is not just about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results. You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn't guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product's value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers' problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what's working and what isn't.Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation for Brazen's product suite, with both internal and external audiences.
- Drive product marketing, creating a variety of marketing assets, including product demos, product overview documents, customer presentation decks, feature guides, and educational materials.
- Lead the market analysis for the Brazen product suite to clearly communicate strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Be a key driver for product marketing decisions, and advise on overall product positioning and messaging in the marketplace.
- Ability to translate product features into benefits that stick with customers and attract prospects.
- Be a subject matter expert on product user personas, and drive messaging, events, and campaigns based on those personas.
- Be an expert and advocate for the voice of the customer, turning the feedback received into actionable insights, and work alongside Product Management, Marketing, CS, Sales and Development to ensure the customer voice is heard.
- Serve as a client-facing subject matter expert and product spokesperson for the Brazen product suite.
- Coordinate cross-functionally and communicate via webinars, events, and marketing campaigns to both internal and external (client and end-user) audiences.
- Create processes and implement appropriate methods to measure the success of marketing. Lead go-to-market activities and drive launch plans, as well as in-market activities like win/loss analysis and competitive analysis.
- Work with Product Management to analyze product usage data to drive feature adoption.
- Define, track, analyze, and communicate the full customer journey.
- Determine and track key performance indicators for the product marketing program activities, including metrics analysis and program effectiveness.
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- 5+ years of work experience in a product marketing role within an enterprise software company. With at least 2 years experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn't—working
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – specifically strength in leading client-facing conversations and/or large format speaking opportunities.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications, Business, or related field.
- Video production and editing skills a plus
- Visual design skills a plus
The Benefits You'll Get:
- Competitive Salary
- Fun, fast paced startup environment with enormous opportunity for growth
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Great vacation policy
- Flexibility in regard to work hours and responsibilities
- Remote work
Brazen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Brazen are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Brazen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Brazen encourages applicants of all ages.