What You'll Do:
- Develops and implements counseling processes that are in compliance with HUD program guidelines
- Manage counseling and administrative staff
- Develops written processes for effective and efficient program operations
- Oversees a professional and efficient intake process for individuals that seek homebuyer counseling
- Ensures timely reporting and compliance with various grant programs including HUD
- Serves as the Acts administrative contact to HUD and grant reporting
- Identifies long and short term strategic goals to maintain counseling efficiency and compliance
- Devises plans to ensure all housing counselors obtain and maintain HUD certification status
- Represents Acts at community meetings, speaking engagements, and housing fairs
- Communicates and collaborates with other Acts managers
- Evaluates training needs and opportunities for the counseling staff
What We're Looking For:
- Passionate professional that desires to expand their career in the non-profit sector, supporting our corporate mission and cause.
- 3-5 years of prior experience supporting program management initiatives with demonstrated success analyzing, developing and implementing sound processes and procedures.
- Prior understanding and knowledge of the homebuying process is preferred. The ability to become certified by HUD to deliver home purchasing conseling and education within 8-months is required.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, finance or related field is highly sought after.
- Superior technical and communciation skills, including oral and written communication, and the ability to effectively manage interpersonal relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle
Incorporated in 1995, Acts Housing is a non-profit organization whose mission to create empowerment through homeownership. Since its’ inception, Acts Housing has sold over 2500 homes, completed over 850 rehabs and has serviced diverse families throughout Milwaukee’s inner city. Most homeowners purchase formerly vacant, vandalized foreclosures where rehab costs are usually less than demolition and new owners save hundreds on their monthly housing costs. Our vision is to create vibrant Milwaukee neighborhoods through home ownership.
Click on this link to watch a short 3-minute video about Acts Housing before applying.
Acts Housing is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.