PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
The Technical Specialist supporting Service Dispatch and Parts in Customer Service is responsible for coordinating all Service and PM activities for Customer Service Group by taking Service request from the customer while supporting the Technical Service Hotline, creating Technical Service Logs and Field Service Reports, updating Workforce Manager, and coordinating the schedule for the Service Engineers and customers.
- Work with customers to determine service needs and related schedules
- Work with group Supervisor(s) and Management to schedule manpower as required
- Schedule resources and materials to perform Service work
- Make sure parts, crash kits, tools, and equipment are returned in a timely manner
- Maintain crash kits, tools, and equipment for peak performance and longevity
- Ability to write Service quotes
- Ability to perform spot service as required
- Safe operation of robots and robotic systems
- Coordinate responsibilities, activities and schedules with Manager(s) and/or Supervisors(s) of Service to insure complete customer satisfaction, proper billing, and retrieval of POs from customers
- Communicate frequently with past and future customers, and employees, to insure customer expectations are met
- Help to assure the company/customer Service activities are properly documented and tracked.
- Responsible for coordinating the ordering and shipping of any parts required for the Service requests.
- Responsible for providing Return Authorizations for unused and warranty part returns and tracking them to their final destination.
- Provide telephone based troubleshooting support to customers and/or customer employees to resolve Robot or related peripheral equipment operational problems
- Provide updates to Service Management, Sales, and Engineering to keep employees “in-the-loop” on a near real time basis as it relates to issues, problems, and resolution of same
- Involved with department collection activities as it relates to Service work.
- Excellent phone conversation and caller management skills.
- Well-developed business, technical, writing and communication skills.
- Courteous, helpful and professional demeanor.
- Manages many tasks simultaneously, well organized.
- Handles potentially frustrating situations with customers positively.
- Must be able to work with a sense of urgency on demanding customer issues
- Efficient at using computerized business systems, PC based, including MS-Office, etc.
- Works effectively and cooperates with other employees or representatives.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints and related documentation
- Associate degree in engineering, technical discipline or related, Electrical Technician Diploma, Licensed Electrician, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic troubleshooting, teardown, and repair experience helpful