Senior Robotics Engineer - Troy, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The purpose of this group is to significantly increase production efficiency and reliability by developing and deploying advanced manufacturing technologies into high volume automotive production.
The ideal candidate will drive the development of sophisticated algorithms for autonomous production systems with strong experience and technical background in vision perception, tactile sensation, grasping, robotics, sensor fusion, and AI. He/she will be working in a culture that fosters creativity and problem solving. This position will play a key part in the Advanced Manufacturing / Robotics Group and be a part of a tightly knit development team that creates, validates, and implements advanced manufacturing solutions for the future.
• Conceive of, plan, design and conduct research programs applying theory and principles of physics, chemistry and mathematics. Guide programs and establish scientific and technical directions.
• Successfully lead and manage low TRL (technology readiness level) technology development projects.
• Demonstrate sustained innovation and creativity leading to significant project accomplishments with reasonable direct technical supervision.
• Work with new product development, business development, and senior management to discern competitiveness of new technologies.
• Support the development of innovative technologies and manufacturing systems from the initial concept phase through the complete development process including design engineering, validation, prototyping, testing, and evaluation of the production process and business case.
• Analyze new technologies, research results and guide projects to determine feasibility and performance of the new technology
• Keep pace with the changing technology advancements in autonomous and machine learning. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
• Present the papers, participate in symposia and committees on behalf of the group.
• Participate on advisory boards and serve as peer reviewer of technical programs. Network nationally and internationally to advance the team’s knowledge.
• Mentor junior engineers to provide the guidance from technical aspects
• Confer with other project engineers to clarify or resolve problems and develop designs.
• Maintain proper filing systems to ensure all information, (electronic or hard copy), is stored according to department requirements.
• Prepare and present project progress reports
• Represent organization with major customers, shareholders, and the public.
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to the product, process and system.
• Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
• Perform any other assignments from time-to-time as management so directs.
• Knowledge or experience in one or multiple of the following systems and their interplay
o 3D sensors/scanners & 2D camera and image processing
o Tactile sensor & Grasping & in-hand manipulation
o Sensor fusion
o AI, Machine learning
o Industrial Robotics and automation
• Demonstrated ability to apply extensive and advanced principles, theories and concepts, and contribute to the development of solutions to complex problems that require innovation and ingenuity.
• Demonstrated ability to recognize new science and technologies relevant within existing trends and business strategy and extend them into new applications.
• Preferred experience with DOE, Design for Manufacturing and Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA/PFMEA)
• Proficient Computer knowledge and skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of the applicable laws, rules and regulations.
• Strong spoken and written English language skills. Additional languages desirable.
• 5+ years of industry experience in applied research in the areas of Robotics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, SLAM, Computer Vision, grasping and tactile sensation
• 2+ year of programming experience in C++, Python or other object - oriented software language.
• BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Robotics, or a related Engineering or quantitative field.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear and use hands to finger, handle, and feel. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and have adequate mobility to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Responsible for working in compliance with the provisions of the Health and Safety Act as well as any rules or standards otherwise specified by OSHA or MIOSHA or any other government regulations. Expected to exercise caution in all work activities and report any unsafe conditions, injuries, or near misses to the appropriate supervisor.
• Domestic and international travel will be required up to 25% of the time.
Branex GroupWhy Work Here?
We are one of the leading recruitment companies in Michigan, great career opportunity!
Branex Group is headquartered in Auburn Hills, MI and is a certified Women’s owned business through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). We have a leadership team with over 30 years of experience and a proven track record of growth within the staffing industry. Branex Group was founded to fill the void that regional and national companies have due to a large client base, ultimately resulting in a limited talent pool. Ironically in the staffing industry, the longer that you have been in business and the more clients that you have, the fewer companies you are able to recruit candidates from due to contractual obligations. Because of an unemployment rate at nearly 0% in the technical field this has created an obstacle for some of the most successful staffing companies and hurt the hiring goals of clients that engage them.