This position will have ITAR/EAR responsibilities
? Direct and coordinate activities of a cross-functional Engineering team for the quotation, design, development,
and launch of telematics products. Assures that projects are completed on time, to budget, and meet
? Lead efforts to resolve all technical issues related to design, performance, compliance, manufacturability, and / or
quality for telematics products
? Analyze and provide technical input to telematics designs, manufacturing methods, validation plans,
and component designs. Components typically include injection molded plastic parts, printed circuit boards,
stampings, and machined parts.
? Serve as the primary technical interface for customers as well as internal Sales & Marketing personnel.
? Analyze technology trends and integrate latest technology into telematics products in conjunction
with the Design group to ensure that product maintains its competitive advantage and status as the preferred
supplier of telematics products.
? Evaluate and resolve manufacturing and performance issues with Manufacturing and Quality Departments using
problem solving and root cause analysis methods to reduce potential NCR’s and field issues, and to avoid
? Assure that new products are developed and documented in accordance with internal NPI (New Product
Introduction) procedures as well as TS16949 requirements.
? Lead efforts to develop product specifications / definitions in conjunction with customers and sales personnel.
Direct and coordinate activities of a cross-functional engineering team to complete new product quotations and
develop capital budgets.
? Support life cycle management (LCM) review initiatives on all products.
? Assist with Corporate productivity improvement projects and the timely achievement of engineering productivity
? Support the daily management of sample builds.
? Support interdisciplinary engineering/technical interactions with outside contractors and internal engineering
resources. Interdisciplinary engineering fields include but are not limited to Electrical, Firmware, Software, Plastics
and Mechanical Engineering.
? Support all travel requirements to customers (OEM, fleets, partners, etc.) and provide technical support to the commercial group.
Support development of relationships with partner colleges and/or universities, to include leading cooperative development projects.
Support the Return Material Authorization (RMA) process, to include receipt of returned product, technical review/teardown for root cause analysis and corrective actions and reporting of statistics related to these activities.
Lead problem solving activities related to product engineering, to include design, quality and process improvements
Requires 4-year engineering degree in any of the following disciplines: Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or
Plastics Engineering. Candidates with other technical degrees will be considered based on relevant work experience.
Prefer candidates with at least 5 years work experience in project management, PMP certification a plus.
Prefer candidates with formal problem- solving skills/experience.
Project Management experience, MS Project, PC skills (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access)
Responsible for frequent analysis of complex facts or conditions to take regular independent action to achieve established
goals and objectives. Requires 4 to 6 years of experience and 4 years of college or equivalent. Position requires
compliance with the Technology Control Plan and the Federal Export Control Policy established for the Corporation.
- Manage project teams performing design engineering, procurement, and construction project management
- Maintain project documentation for project planning
- Develop the project engineering plan
- Perform other project engineering and project management related duties
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress
- Conduct construction and project installation
- Develop project objectives and project scope
- Manage intermediate engineering project teams
- Provide training on capital project management and engineering design
- Coordinate project design and development of construction documents
- Support initiatives with capital project engineering
- Manage campus electrical engineering projects and other construction projects
- Supervise construction and commissioning of engineering projects
- Coordinate construction phase of project
- Maintain project design and commissioning documentation
- Manage engineering and project records
- Manage projects from early conceptual engineering through project completion
- Work with outside engineering firms for assistance in engineering design, project management and project facilitation
- Perform preliminary process engineering/design work
- Recommend advantageous changes to the project team leader or project engineer