Manufacturing Engineer - Aerospace
Branex Group Macomb, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- This employee will be part of changing a facility to the most modern techniques of manufacturing including IoT, advanced data acquisition and variable analysis.
- Work in a cross functional team environment.
- Review process planning and manufacturing instructions with machinists, quality and engineering on the manufacturing floor.
- Investigating root cause of rejections that occur during the manufacturing and assembly of precision rotating parts and other components
- Determining corrective actions to resolve the problem and eliminate repeat occurrences
- Troubleshoot problems encountered within current processes, equipment, and operations or provide solutions.
- The Manufacturing Engineer will have the authority to make decisions on and implement appropriate corrective / preventative action.
- Apply lean manufacturing principles.
- Facilitates kaizen events for continuous improvement through the elimination of wastes.
- Drive resolution of manufacturing issues.
- Evaluate manufacturing process to generate cost reduction opportunities and complete actions to reduce costs or improve OEE.
- The successful candidate will have a BA/BS in an Engineering discipline will have at least 5 years of experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Education will be balanced with practical work experience performing technical operations activities, such as manufacturing engineer shop support, developing manufacturing operation sequence instructions, supporting production technology (automation, machines, metrology), and facilitating manufacturing process improvement initiatives.
- The candidate will be able to describe a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have the ability to prepare estimates for company proposals and be able to present in written reports format and oral presentations.
- The individual must possess outstanding communication skills that enable him/her to work independently with related engineering disciplines and production managers at all levels.
- Ability to participate in and lead medium-to-large teams, including pre-planning, team building, project scheduling, budget control and project management are essential.
- It is a baseline requirement that the candidate is energetic about Design-for Manufacturing/Assembly, Factory-of-the-Future, Industry 4.0, and Internet of Things concepts as applied to systems, tools, automation, visual planning and processes.
Branex GroupWhy Work Here?
We are one of the leading recruitment companies in Michigan, great career opportunity!
Branex Group is headquartered in Auburn Hills, MI and is a certified Women’s owned business through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). We have a leadership team with over 30 years of experience and a proven track record of growth within the staffing industry. Branex Group was founded to fill the void that regional and national companies have due to a large client base, ultimately resulting in a limited talent pool. Ironically in the staffing industry, the longer that you have been in business and the more clients that you have, the fewer companies you are able to recruit candidates from due to contractual obligations. Because of an unemployment rate at nearly 0% in the technical field this has created an obstacle for some of the most successful staffing companies and hurt the hiring goals of clients that engage them.